W10M Positive Thread

tushar_kp

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I like everything except the fact that I won't get Lumia camera ever again. On my Lumia 730, Lumia camera was great. Windows camera isn't filling its shoes for me.

Jeroen Vos

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Just switched to windows mobile. Been on the Bb10 platform for the last 2,5 years. Although I really like bb10 the platform is being abandoned and I hated the poor camera quality of the devices. So decided to try a Lumia 930. Been using it for 2 days and was a bit let down by the os. So this evening I decided to install the fast ring preview. I must say that I am impressed. It works great for me and has convinced me that the os is moving in the right direction. No niggles just yet so im going to be using it as my daily driver for now.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just switched to windows mobile. Been on the Bb10 platform for the last 2,5 years. Although I really like bb10 the platform is being abandoned and I hated the poor camera quality of the devices. So decided to try a Lumia 930. Been using it for 2 days and was a bit let down by the os. So this evening I decided to install the fast ring preview. I must say that I am impressed. It works great for me and has convinced me that the os is moving in the right direction. No niggles just yet so im going to be using it as my daily driver for now.
Bb10 being abandoned is sad. I think it is one of the most user friendly. That whole release, marketing, etc ... Was totally miss handle. No urgency. hope that MS cranks it up and gets it on with w10.

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
For the most part I like WM10 and honestly don't have a problem with the asthetics that everybody talks about.(Not to say I don't have other issues but we're being positive right?)

I just bought an iPhone because I need wifi calling and honestly, if it weren't for that I'd still be on WM. To quote my grandfather after accidentally shooting his dog. "I sure do miss that little feller"

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Ok i have been using TP for a long time and the last one is GREAT and not even hard reseted. Windows needs no saving its starting to fly with its own legs, I use it to do everything i write nots Bla bla bla and then i open wifi and its alll on my windows 10 TP 10586 desktop too. Whatever i tell cortana to do on my desktop its on my pc, i can even send messages from my pc like mind=blown. I then go to my messages and i talk with my friend on skype but we can still message tho sms. while he has to go to his phone i was always on my phone B| .
i go to the phone and i tap one 1 person i can call him on skype with video or the phone but from one app no need to open skype so when we get to see if they are online its a done deal and ofc the ability to reply sms like this is so fast comfortable. I dont even want to start saying how much the battery life improved.. i mean i used my phone for 4 hours hearing music for 4 hours and it never dropped from the 73% it was.(lumia 535)
windows m10 is just great i cant stop saying good things about it i dont care i dont have the apps i got some great games and the app gap rly doesnt matter all will start coding for windows 10m like they did with instagram which they had completely thrown but oops they came back :p

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Great thread, its nice to hear some positive comments. Quite happy myself after a bumpy ride getting to 581!

I think being part of the preview has kept me busy whilst waiting for these new Lumia's. And other than the crashing and resuming issues I kept with it on my delay driver and made do. Went back to 8.1 to get 849 and knew then I wouldn't stay on 8.1!

I'll probably now keep the 1020 on TP build and leave my 950 alone to enjoy the os in a stable build.

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I love W10M on my 1520. I even had a Nexus 6 (last year's) for a few weeks and I just can't stand it. Windows Phone is just what I prefer.

rkamp

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a great experience with Build 581 on my Nokia 1020. A few issues with the Glance screen not updating local temperature, but otherwise a big improvement over 8.1 Battery life is almost all day. I don't like the phone button in the middle of the message screen, I hit it too easily. The keyboard covering up the screen when typing a message is also a little annoying, but the keyboard seems to work much better.

Can't wait to get a 950 XL! Microsoft store employees are still not quoting any date, but this web site is really staying on top of things!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I like everything except the fact that I won't get Lumia camera ever again. On my Lumia 730, Lumia camera was great. Windows camera isn't filling its shoes for me.

Windows Camera is performing slightly better than Lumia Camera in my Lumia 1020 running build 10581. It has additional features (minus Smart Sequence), such as being able to take a video immediately just by holding down the camera button while in Photo (not Video) mode, and then be able to select frames from that video to save as images (although this feature still isn't working, but will probably work after an update or in succeeding builds).

Contrary to what some are reporting, Windows Camera (actually, just "Camera") has been taking full high resolution images in the L1020. When viewing them in the Photos app, you just have to wait for the full resolution image to load - about 10 seconds of waiting. This bug has been reported numerous times in the Windows Feedback for the Photos App.

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, it all started two years ago. I was using Nokia 5233. One day I downloaded an app from OVI store. It was a Windows phone 8.0 theme pack for Symbian smartphone. And I really liked the start screen. On another occasion, I saw white coloured Lumia 820 and Lumia 720 in a shopping mall. Their start had dark yellow tiles. It was really bright. The touch experience was mesmerising. Then suddenly, one day Nokia 5233 fell down and I decided to buy a new phone. Frankly speaking, I was confused between two models - Samsung Galaxy S Duos and Nokia Lumia 520. I spent around 10 days to study both the models, read many reviews and forums. But could not decide. But it was all a waste because deep down, I could not forget the bright LIVE tiles and awesome touch experience of Lumia 820 and 720 that I saw in the mall. Since Lumia 720 had an unibody design, larger battery and thinner form factor, I bought that device. I still remember the first time I unboxed that device. It was a white coloured device with blue coloured tiles and it looked awesome. Everybody who saw this device fell in love with. In fact 5 to 6 of my office colleagues bought a Lumia after seeing this device. I still remember playing AE archer on my smartphone. It was an awesome game and was not available on Android at that time.
It has been more than 2 years now. And my Lumia 720 looks exactly the same with no wear and tear whatsoever. Since I do proper maintenance, it works smoothly even with 520 MB RAM and around 40 odd apps. The 2 year old Samsung Galaxy S Duos, on the other hand, looks horrible today[my friend has this device]. The silver coating around the border is gone, exposing the plastic underneath, the display is full of scratches, battery life is horrible, display in spite of being 720p looks so dull in comparison to L720 and it lags like anything. My friend is now planning to switch to Lumia due to sheer hardware quality. I think that I made the right choice or rather Windows chose me!
Today, I have also installed Windows 10 on my laptop and I am waiting for that to arrive on smartphone. This journey has been a really fulfilling one and I hope for the best in the times to come.
I will like to point out one thing, if your are 100% dedicated to Windows ecosystem, you will not be disappointed. Trust me!

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Great thread, its nice to hear some positive comments. Quite happy myself after a bumpy ride getting to 581!

I think being part of the preview has kept me busy whilst waiting for these new Lumia's. And other than the crashing and resuming issues I kept with it on my delay driver and made do. Went back to 8.1 to get 849 and knew then I wouldn't stay on 8.1!

I'll probably now keep the 1020 on TP build and leave my 950 alone to enjoy the os in a stable build.

Glad you like it. Got really, really fed up with all the negativity. That is what gets picked up by users of other OS's. Bit like tabloid newspapers, Big Headlines, then just write what the want without having the full facts to hand.

I'm so confident in this as a daily, I now have it on 9 devices of which 7 are used in my taxi firm. Even one of the drivers, who ermmmm is the shiniest button, found his way around it without any repetative explanations! You should see him use his own android afterwards! I've seen it thrown once or twice in frustration. LOL

Devices I run it on:- 435, 535, 635, 640 x 2, 640xl x 2, 1320, and a 930.

Last edited:

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm very happy with it. I love the smaller text and scaling options. Its fast and clean. There is more content density on screen now. People say its like Android, but I strongly disagree. Its still very much Windows Phone and a long way from Android. If they will just get Bluetooth fixed...

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
For the most part I like WM10 and honestly don't have a problem with the asthetics that everybody talks about.(Not to say I don't have other issues but we're being positive right?)

I just bought an iPhone because I need wifi calling and honestly, if it weren't for that I'd still be on WM. To quote my grandfather after accidentally shooting his dog. "I sure do miss that little feller"

lol, So I just returned the iphone. I can't deny, it's a fantastic device and I did enjoy the apps, but I just couldn't do it. While there are some things I like it, IOS just isn't my thing and for the price I paid for a 64GB 6S Plus that thing better butter my toast in the morning.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
lol, So I just returned the iphone. I can't deny, it's a fantastic device and I did enjoy the apps, but I just couldn't do it. While there are some things I like it, IOS just isn't my thing and for the price I paid for a 64GB 6S Plus that thing better butter my toast in the morning.

My problem with the iPhone 6s plus is of course price but it's also really big for a 5.5" screen after seeing the 950xl which is way smaller with bigger screen. Maybe iPhone 7 will be better.

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
My problem with the iPhone 6s plus is of course price but it's also really big for a 5.5" screen after seeing the 950xl which is way smaller with bigger screen. Maybe iPhone 7 will be better.

It is a big phone for the screen size but I didn't mind the bezel too much. It actually put the bottom of the screen within the natural motion of my thumb. My issue is that IOS just isn't for me. Since this is the thread of positivity I'll just leave it as that and keep the stellar cosmic ray vibes flowing through this thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786