Anyone else still prefer 8.1 ,l I've tried 10 but i find 8.1 easier.... with 10 idk it just seem so confusing I'm just not loving it really. A few things i like such as messaging, but the settings section is just a mess!. Keyboard seems bit smaller on 10 harder to use than 8.1
    mikepalma and Clinton_O like this.
    11-07-2015 07:01 PM
    Then don't upgrade. Problem solved.
    11-07-2015 07:08 PM
    On the Surface Pro 3, I prefer 8.1. This is the best operating system for a touch screen tablet in my opinion. The features that 10 has are great, but I don't use them on my SP3.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    11-07-2015 07:09 PM
    Anyone else still prefer 8.1 ,l I've tried 10 but i find 8.1 easier.... with 10 idk it just seem so confusing I'm just not loving it really. A few things i like such as messaging, but the settings section is just a mess!. Keyboard seems bit smaller on 10 harder to use than 8.1
    Welcome to the club.
    Kevin Rush and Clinton_O like this.
    11-07-2015 09:29 PM
    8.1 on phone and tablet is a far better UX, I prefer it on desktop as well. Currently I have no plans to update.
    11-07-2015 09:55 PM
    8.1 on phone and tablet is a far better UX, I prefer it on desktop as well. Currently I have no plans to update.
    I'll like to upgrade on my phone only, but not my computer.
    11-07-2015 10:07 PM
    When I bought a WP8.1 phone I found it to be wonderfully innovative compared with Android and iOS, and immediately loved it. It made its two main competitors look like some clunky old fossils from the previous century.

The moderators of this forum have explained to me that WM10 has deliberately jettisoned most of the unique elements of WP8.1 in order to make the UI work much more like Android and iOS. Yes, that's right - it's a deliberate policy decision by Microsoft. Apparently by doing so it will make it much easier for developers to port Android and iOS apps to W10M.

The cost of that is that the UI now looks awfully like Android-with-live-tiles. Personally I hate it - if I'd wanted an Android phone I'd have bought one. W10M has given away almost all of what made WP8.1 distinctive and special, hoping it will now attract more apps.

I'll make a prediction: it won't. Microsoft have gambled their mobile phone crown jewels (the superb UI, graphics, animation and design language of WP8.1) on getting more apps, and I think they will lose. It's a massive shame.

Anyway, I rolled back to WP8.1 on my Lumia 1520 and it's gorgeous. In terms of the UI and design language, W10M is an ugly mess with almost no redeeming features.
    11-08-2015 12:08 PM
    Windows 10 Mobile is much better than Windows 7/8/8.1 in every way.

It has more nice features and options, better looking, better Settings... I love it.

Same applies to PC version of Windows 10. I would never go back to any older version.
    11-09-2015 05:35 PM
    When I bought a WP8.1 phone I found it to be wonderfully innovative compared with Android and iOS, and immediately loved it. It made its two main competitors look like some clunky old fossils from the previous century.
    I think most of us not enjoying the 10 "experience" feel the same way. MS might as well just run their own flavour of Android similar to OnePlus, what they have at the moment is just a poor mans Android without the app store and will likely suffer the same "chicken and egg" problem that has plagued MS.

I shared my thoughts on the universal app experience/dilemma http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...s-10-apps.html

nice features and options
    Without mentioning Continuum which for some is thought to be a major playing card what features and options are these?

better Settings...
    What putting a contents page in front of a complete mess?
    11-09-2015 06:48 PM
    I like 8.1 also but will no doubt upgrade when windows 10 mobile is ready to be released.
    xandros9, libra89 and mikepalma like this.
    11-09-2015 08:38 PM
    I don't like haters and I'm never trying to answer frivolous questions.
    If you consider existing users questioning the change in direction haters I'll hold back from calling you a moron however you should have just stayed out of the conversation. The fact you can't answer a simple question of what you like about the OS despite the fact you're saying it's better makes it clear you're just either talking rubbish or have spoken to someone else who thought it was "cool" so you jumped on the train.

Good read on the problems of Windows 10 mobile Microsoft Windows Mobile 10: Uphill battle with 'work in progress' ? The Register
    11-09-2015 09:53 PM
    WP8.1 had a great UI which no matter how old u r, you would find it beautiful, easy to use, comfortable and informative. Now MS has a bid to bring in android and iOS devs to the W10 platform and they are trying to make this happen by "updating" (read downgrading) the UI to look like iOS and Android. The current state of W10M is: Huge "Gray" Mess.

WP8.1 had great UI design language and MS could've changed some things about it like maybe the reducing the huge title font size and some other small refinements. Other than that, it was good, all it needed is support from other companies.

The direction of W10M is unknown and unpredictable. Even MS doesnt know what they are doing with it.
    MS could;ve just improved the WP8.1 UI with some small changes, added the W10M features to it and that is it. Hell, even cortana feels like ALPHA stage now since the devs behind it haven;t implemented a proper UI for it and instead took the easy way out by using the Bing Mobile website to display search results.
    11-09-2015 10:27 PM
    11-10-2015 08:07 AM
    Thread temporarily closed...
    11-11-2015 06:25 PM