MS says W10M is ready, I call that BS

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, OP here.
Was a bit busy with Uni exams and work but now i am back ( i know, it aint a big deal lol)

So now that the 950 and 950XL have been released and they are running the "glorified" build 10586.0 which is RTM i would like to hear from everyone who was telling me to wait for the release before judging. For me, nothing changed, but i want to know and hear your judgments.

I still believe the quality has dropped massively in every aspect of the OS and MS couldn't change anything before launch and they probably won't.

79d7edb0693705ee1aa87667c7629fcc.jpg

Seriously though. I can't wait for the time when Windows 10 Mobile is really released so we can finally judge it. It's obviously not ready yet.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you own a WP7 device? WP7, WP8, and WP8.1 were all more complete and polished than W10M is at launch. While it may be enough for a currently Windows Phone user, do you think its complete and polished enough to parade throughout the blogosphere? Tech bloggers rarely, if ever, go back and revisit a product after the developer/manufacturer irons out the kinks. You only get one chance to make a first impression.

In the reviews for the 950, what was Microsoft mainly criticized on? Limitations of continuum and the app ecosystem which we all knew was going to happen at this point. I don't remember a drive reviewer complain about the UI changes. They kept rambling on about the app store and how it's not quite there yet. No reviews were very bad. Very stupid? Maybe(the verge)

While you are right about the OS not being not as polished, it definitely is more complete then it's ever been. It's not something you'll notice right away. It's when you go back to using the old OS you realise how much of an upgrade windows 10 is.

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
After a hard reset and starting from fresh, the phone works fine but, this is very tedious since not all your apps and games will get their data back.

That's the thing, I did a hard reset the last time and my phone became unresponsive. Only saw the word nokia come up on the screen and nothing after that. I watch my phone gave it's last breathe, would want to see the same tragedy unfold with my new young baby. So, I'll wait just to be sure. Better safe than sorry.

Francis Amar Singh

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I agree with the writer... I burned my 1020 to the win 10 preview... and almost killed my 920... my 920 is running the TP 10586 right now and it's full of bugs... screen freezes all the time... I am moved to android Sony Z5... supported microsoft too long win 7 phone with HD7 then lumias my last device was 1020 until it died on me.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for reminding me, forgot to put Netflix on my 1520 with 10586 and it's working with no problem, Dr Who rise of the Cybermen playing away nicely.

Caipion

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I have tried the new build three times on my Lumia 630.

1.First one crashed a lot with reboots.Groove was not working at all.
2.Fotos app not syncing with onedrive.Phone crashed 2-3 times in one day.
3.Complete fresh Install.And now other problems.Contactlist is crashing.App list has some apps that are uninstalled still in the list.Store is crashing a lot. and so on....

I realy like Windows but this time i am more than disappointed.Windows 10 Mobile at the moment is slow and not stable on my phone.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I agree with the writer... I burned my 1020 to the win 10 preview... and almost killed my 920... my 920 is running the TP 10586 right now and it's full of bugs... screen freezes all the time... I am moved to android Sony Z5... supported microsoft too long win 7 phone with HD7 then lumias my last device was 1020 until it died on me.

Sorry, you were going to leave WM anyway; just looking for an excuse. You say the latest release almost killed your 920; your 3 year old 920. Sorry, not buying it. Buy a 3 year old android phone and upgrade it to Lollipop. Bet you a good bottle of beer you will be complaining about it killing your three year old android phone

If you people want to complain and point out drawbacks to the newest release, fine. I agree that there are some problems. Have you read about Apple's latest major display problem Have you noticed how many quick updates Apple has to make on any new release of their OS? Come on folks, leave if you want, complain if you want but make sure you are leaving for the right, provable reasons.

Whew, now I can get down off my soap box.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
- Today, totally out of nowhere, i am missing months of pictures in my phone and it's totally random and best of all, alot of them, the newest, are not in my onedrive either :(

That on top of HERE maps being "updated" to not working and everything!!!!!!!! else on top! I have a totally useless phone.

After 5 years starting with the Omnia 7, then the Lumia 800, the 900, the 820, the 1020, the 920, the 925, the 830 etc... ending up on a 735 which is an amazing phone (on 8.1). Microsoft has finally managed to ruin my love!

I've actually ordered a One Plus X. I'm tired of all this. Can't say anything else. I think i'm done!

:cry:

Francis Amar Singh

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, you were going to leave WM anyway; just looking for an excuse. You say the latest release almost killed your 920; your 3 year old 920. Sorry, not buying it. Buy a 3 year old android phone and upgrade it to Lollipop. Bet you a good bottle of beer you will be complaining about it killing your three year old android phone

If you people want to complain and point out drawbacks to the newest release, fine. I agree that there are some problems. Have you read about Apple's latest major display problem Have you noticed how many quick updates Apple has to make on any new release of their OS? Come on folks, leave if you want, complain if you want but make sure you are leaving for the right, provable reasons.

Whew, now I can get down off my soap box.
I DID leave WM as there are no flagship devices period if you are the kind of user who love the low to mid end devices please stick to them I had it enough as I am using a 4k display phone with a very good camera.. also it splash proof..

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
- Today, totally out of nowhere, i am missing months of pictures in my phone and it's totally random and best of all, alot of them, the newest, are not in my onedrive either :(

That on top of HERE maps being "updated" to not working and everything!!!!!!!! else on top! I have a totally useless phone.

After 5 years starting with the Omnia 7, then the Lumia 800, the 900, the 820, the 1020, the 920, the 925, the 830 etc... ending up on a 735 which is an amazing phone (on 8.1). Microsoft has finally managed to ruin my love!

I've actually ordered a One Plus X. I'm tired of all this. Can't say anything else. I think i'm done!

:cry:
Good move. I hear Androids NEVER have problems.

People: good reminder to NOT have all your eggs in one basket. Back up your OneDrive if you care about what's there. Any single location can let you down. I don't do it often enough. Doing it right now though.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm still finding my other Windows 8.1 phone has better features, then my Windows 10 test phone.
phone companion isn't better then the one used for my Windows 8.1 phone. I find myself tapping
on the screen of the Windows 10 phone to open an app or type a message, more then I have to
do on the Windows 8.1 phone. I changed the setting in the calendar so birthday's are not displayed
on the Windows 10 phone last week, now I'm seeing them displayed again. I believe a recent
update caused the switch.

It's great to have either a exterior hard drive to back up items on the onedrive or you can use
thumb drives, but the one drive should be backed up if you don't want to loose everything important.

daniel cooper2

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Have you read about Apple's latest major display problem Have you noticed how many quick updates Apple has to make on any new release of their OS?
the key word is quick apple will fix the bugs quick. We don't care about bugs if they get fixed quickly. Microsoft mobile team should be embarrassed

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
the key word is quick apple will fix the bugs quick. We don't care about bugs if they get fixed quickly. Microsoft mobile team should be embarrassed
Windows 10 isn't officially out for the 920 and 1020. If an update that isn't intended for the public yet still has bugs, what should Microsoft be ashamed of? I'm very confused.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Windows 10 isn't officially out for the 920 and 1020. If an update that isn't intended for the public yet still has bugs, what should Microsoft be ashamed of? I'm very confused.

To be fair by allowing anyone with a Microsoft account to test they've opened a can of worms. I got to test Windows 10 on a Lumia 930. Hasn't bricked it by any measure (though Three's "err, what's Windows?" approach on social media is grating on me. They still think the Edge browser is me tethering and continuously block all data on a phone with Windows 10), but it has been buggy. From what I've seen, the Lumia 950/XL has also had similar bugs. Now they are released phones.

Aldrich Uyliong

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I think half the people here saying W10M is half baked are iOS and Android users with an agenda that've come to bash on the OS in a pathetic attempt to get the remaining fanboys to jump ship. I find it cute that they list a bunch of WP models they probably had to look up in GSM Arena. Most of their issues with the OS can easily be explained by common sense on their end. For myself, this OS - even in its current beta stage - is a massive experience improvement over WP8.1. But then, I am have a 1520 - a flagship - so I must be one of those WP users heavily invested in the platform.

Towards the end of WP8.1 with Update 3 that OS was getting to be slow and cumbersome - and that's on a Lumia 1520. The latest build (10586.11) on the same phone has been flawless. On top of that W10M gives us new features never before available in WP. Now we did lose some of the charming quirks and eccentricities of the previous versions and brought WP more in line with iOS and Android but if that means we get a more mature OS, I'm all for that.

I also have no idea what people are talking about when they say W10M is amateurish and not mature/polished enough in comparison to Android and iOS on the usability/features front. I agree there is an app gap and I'd like to see a flagship WP made of Vapourmag but what else do people want with the core OS? Squircle shaped apps arranged in a grid? Lame frosted glass effect? A fingerprint reader? Cool beans. Get an iPhone.

Last edited:

Aldrich Uyliong

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
This is totally frustrating situation for me. I have been a user for 2.5+- years. What MS is doing with W10M is not justice to the user for long term. W8.1M was good and it needed some refinement to hold back users to switch to other platforms. Recently My lumia 925 broke from an accidental drop and I had no choice but to switch to android because microsoft is not offering any suitable alternative for the time in our country(bangladesh).. However, I hope microsoft will understand it's mistakes and never repeat them. I mentioned repeat because, they did the same mistake with W7M users. they got frustrated because microsoft just forgot them when W8M arrived. It's happening again with the users of W8.1M users. I think if MS going to do this again and again, some user will never go back to windows. and unfortunately, I am one of them now.

You & Lloyd Kuhnle been horrifically misinformed. W10M is in fact coming to the bulk of WP8 & 8.1 devices save for the most low end phones that don't have enough internal storage space for it: <4GB. That was made very clear months and months ago. The fact that my 1520 & previous 1320 do proves it. Unfortunately a lot of tech "journalists" failed to communicate that (on purpose?) as they reported that W10M is a reboot of WP in similar fashion to WP8 being a reboot of WP7, insinuating old WP users will be left out in the cold. Alot of Apple biased journalists love doing that with Microsoft.

@Lloyd Kuhnle: If you're itching to get W10M on your phone right now you should already know what to do: Get the Windows Insider app. W10M is already extremely stable and just a few very minor bugs away from release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077