Anybody will to switch Carriers just for W10M?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but that didn't work with Apple because even Verizon has to adapt to what the market wants. Verizon originally said no to Apple's terms, and then watched as customers flocked to AT&T to buy the original iPhone. The market forced Verizon to take the iPhone on Apple's terms. If customers were flocking to Windows mobile, Verizon would adapt again. But that ain't happening.

Back then Verizon wasn't anywhere near the force that they are now as I recall. Were this to happen in 2015 the results would probably be different.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely not going to switch. I'm already on AT&T. ;)

As far as the "contract" bit goes, AT&T is working on doing away with contracts completely, and has already done so in a number of regions in the US. Current contracts will be completed, but within 6 months to a year, they will no longer offer them at all. They are going to the "Next" payment plan, which is kind of like a contract, but you only pay the price of the phone out instead of continuing to pay a higher price and a lot more money that doesn't go toward the phone. It's like "no interest financing" so actually better than using a credit card. I think carriers are starting to switch to this because people are wising up about the contracts.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Switched from Verizon to Cricket (they use the AT&T network). My reception not only got better but my bill dropped with more data. I'm good with it all around.

bigsexytaco

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I am thinking of switching from Verizon on my iPhone 6 to AT&T. I would pick T-Mobile but it doesn't sound like visual voicemail or wifi calling work with the dual sim unlocked 950.

Since the unlocked version doesn't work with some features on AT&T either, I might as well go with the AT&T variant, right?

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of switching from Verizon on my iPhone 6 to AT&T. I would pick T-Mobile but it doesn't sound like visual voicemail or wifi calling work with the dual sim unlocked 950.

Since the unlocked version doesn't work with some features on AT&T either, I might as well go with the AT&T variant, right?

If you want visual voicemail and LTE, you should go with the AT&T variant.

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Not to resurrect an old thread, but I just did this...

I was on Boost Mobile with a Lumia 635 for about 4 months. That was my first foray into the Wonderful World of Windows Phones. Then I saw last week that Sprint/Boost had dropped the 635. I also recalled some statements by the CEO Dan Hesse that they were bearish on Windows Phone and were not planning on carrying it. Then the official release of Windows 10 Mobile hit, and I downloaded Upgrade Advisor to see what my fortune was, "Sorry. No upgrade for you!" it said (paraphrasing, of course).

I read the writing on the wall and decided to pick up a $30 AT&T Lumia 640 from Best Buy. Decided to jump to Cricket. I had to call Boost in order to get my account # (tricky bastards), and we had an interesting conversation:

CSR1: Why do you want your account number? Are you planning on switching to another carrier?
Me: Yes, I am.
CSR1: Why is that?
Me: You guys don't carry any of the new Windows Phones.
CSR1: OK. Let me get you that account number. Please hold.
[Several minute hold. Someone else picks up, who I quickly realize is in the retention department.]
CSR2: Hello. Is that right that you are considering leaving, and you are interested in Windows phones?
Me: Yes.
CSR2: Was there anything wrong with your handset or your experience?
Me: No. It's just that I was interested in a newer Windows phone running Windows 10, and you guys stopped carrying any Windows phones a month or so ago.
CSR2: [typing away] Hmm. Yes, we did stop carrying them. Well, we could offer you a free Android phone, if that might change your mind.
Me: Uhm, no, thanks. I'm really interested in Windows Phone.
CSR2: Are you sure? We have several different ones you could choose from.
Me: No thanks.
CSR2: Which carrier were you planning on switching to?
Me: Cricket Wireless.
CSR2: OK. Let me get you your account number. . .. It is ##########. I hope you consider us again in the future.
Me: I very likely will... as long as you get some Windows phones back in your line-up..

BOO-yah. Slap, to their Windows hating faces!!

I've never known Boost or any other carrier to do cable-industry style retention moves, so this took me by surprise. It felt gratifyingly awesome to tell them that they are losing (at least one) customer due to their lack of support...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo