How to browse W10M app store from outside W10M?

ZJ AJ

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about upgrading my 1520 to W10M once it is stabilized, but I don't have a sense for which apps I will not be able to re-download if I decide to hard-reset. Is there a way to search the W10M app store without installing W10M?

Thanks.

ZJ AJ

May 14, 2014
Visit site
And the URL for the browser view of the Windows 10 Mobile app store is...?

Just so we are clear, I can find the "Apps for Windows Phone" page. But it is unclear whether any of these apps are for Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10 Mobile, or both. I suspect these are for Windows Phone 8.1, but I'm looking for the store specifically for Windows 10 Mobile. So if you know where that is, please post the URL. Thanks.

Last edited:

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for the store specifically for Windows 10 Mobile. So if you know where that is, please post the URL. Thanks.

I don't think if there is any option to select Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows 10 Mobile, you can try Windows 10 Mobile emulator if this is something really important.

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
If the app is universal, it will work on windows 10 mobile for sure. You are not seeing anything stating for windows 10 mobile because MS still sees the mobile OS as pre release software, so no "official" windows 10 mobile store.

After I upgraded to the preview builds, I had a similar issue where apps would still be installed and work, but if I uninstalled it, I could not download it again as it was incompatible. Must be the OS then as the hardware has not changed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos