Win 10 Mobile and SharePoint

rickc1961

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So i loaded the latest version of Win10 Mobile on a 1520. Have been using it as a daily driver for a few days and given a few quirks its pretty stable.
So i got my VPN set up and can hit our corporate network successfully and even remote my desktop. However i am not quite sure how to best access or what the scenario is for using Win10 Mobile with on prem SharePoint. I can certainly hit it with the browser but its not ideal. Under Win8 Mobile there was the Office app that identified your list of sites and displayed them for browsing. Doesn't seem to be an equivalent in 10.
Anyone have thoughts or experience with this i appreciate your comments.
Thanks

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
There are several Feedback items regarding this, please be sure to vote for them. Searching "SharePoint" in the Windows Feedback app on your phone should find them.

The one I created reads
Office apps don't appear to have a way to connect to SharePoint aka OneDrive for Business aka SkyDrive Pro. This is a deal breaker as all my documents are stored on my on-premise SharePoint server.
It only has 9 votes and I created it months ago, so maybe there's not that many of us using SharePoint from a phone. It's critical that every SharePoint user vote on these.

This really needs to be fixed. The same Office mobile apps on a desktop can get to on premises SharePoint because the underlying filesystem can see the OneDrive for Business synced files. The support doesn't seem to exist yet in Windows Mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb