W10 mobile preview build 10581 can't block numbers, why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

W10 moble preview build 10581 can't block numbers

When I press and hold the number, the "Block Number" option shows up, but when it is selected, it just disappears without the confirmation block. Is anyone else having this issue with this build?

Thanks in advance!

vadonkey

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10 moble preview build 10581 can't block numbers

Thanks TechFreak1
I wasn't aware it was a separate app, I thought it was built into the OS, like in 8.1
I am using a Lumia 640

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

It is technically an app, but it isn't in the app list. In this way, it is updated through the store updates on a regular basis to help keep this part of the OS up-to-date.

To find it, go to Settings->Extras->call+SMS Filter

The first time you open it, you will have to accept the terms and conditions. Until you do this, you won't be able to use it and block numbers. Once you have done this, then calls you block from your call history should be blocked.

Let us know if it works out for you with that phone. I'm also using the Lumia 640, so shouldn't be an issue. At least I haven't seen it on mine up to this point.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

It is technically an app, but it isn't in the app list. In this way, it is updated through the store updates on a regular basis to help keep this part of the OS up-to-date.

To find it, go to Settings->Extras->call+SMS Filter.

Sadly for me this app is still not available, and if I click blocked calls under phone app it puts me back to start. On version 586.11, Lumia 830. I can only assume I need to do a hard reset for it to show?

G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12