Are customized sounds completely missing in W10M?

Mike Peckitt

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I got impatient and upgraded to a preview build. It actually went quite well - though it took longer than expected. I notice a few glitches (messaging app - the phone icon to call the contact is in a terrible spot - I'll be calling people by mistake all the time).

However my question is - can I not change Alerts or tones? I like to have different sounds for incoming Text messages based on who its from.

If it's missing in current preview build (10581) then I'm guessing it will be missing in the final version as well. Please tell me I'm wrong.....

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I got impatient and upgraded to a preview build. It actually went quite well - though it took longer than expected. I notice a few glitches (messaging app - the phone icon to call the contact is in a terrible spot - I'll be calling people by mistake all the time).

However my question is - can I not change Alerts or tones? I like to have different sounds for incoming Text messages based on who its from.

If it's missing in current preview build (10581) then I'm guessing it will be missing in the final version as well. Please tell me I'm wrong.....

Nope looks like a glitch, it was there in several builds and it wouldn't make sense if it was removed.

Go to a contact and see if you can change the sounds there.

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Not seeing a problem, it's basically the same as 8.1 select the app through Notifications then select the sound / banner / vibrate or edit the contact detail. I only have the builtin sounds but changing them seems to work

Burnz316

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I have the same bug.. Check the windows feedback app on your phone, its been reported multiple times. I'm the same, like to have different text alert tones for different contacts that I frequently get messages from.

If you go to the people app, select a contact, select edit, click on +Text Alert Tone or +Ringtone it should let you add a different sound for that contact. I get a pop-up at that point asking to search the store which doesn't do anything. I'm assuming it should let me choose a sound.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You can change ringtones for contacts in the People app. Find the person, edit their contact record and use the +Ringtone to customize the ringtone. One thing that is not working yet is the text message alert - there is a spot for it in the contact record, but it will ignore it for the default tone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb