Linked Inbox in WM10, how do you like it?

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
We finally got the old, but also very much requested linked inbox back.

Seems windows feedback was heard by Microsoft.

I am exploring it right now, how do you find it? Did you notice any issues or caveats?

I myself find the way to create or modify a linked inbox a nightmare from a UX perspective. It took too much time to figure out how to do it.

Last edited:

casab1anca

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update and very happy to see that linked inbox is back! It was one of the few major features I was missing from WP8.

The tile icons also seem to have been updated. Previously all pinned tiles had the Outlook icon, but now there are new (old?) icons for linked inbox and Exchange accounts.

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
The tile icons also seem to have been updated. Previously all pinned tiles had the Outlook icon, but now there are new (old?) icons for linked inbox and Exchange accounts.

Yeah it has been that way for a while. The Exchange Account tile remained until removed from Start.

Even on old builds, if you removed the tile and tried to add it again, it will use that Generic Mail icon.

I would like to have a choice of mail accounts to differentiate Mail tiles, but I think at this moment its asking for too much, considering they need to do a lot more on WM10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre