10-30-2016 03:31 AM
33 12
tools
    and the benefits of using a start screen with Live Tiles, instead of multiple, filled with app icons pages (*cough* iOS *cough*)
    I've dabbled with Android and iOS for a bit and live tiles is def one of the things I missed..
    TheLumaniac likes this.
    11-23-2015 12:13 PM
    While the screen is pulled down, you can easily scroll :/ btw why would you need to access the bottom part when using this feature? It's simply meant to give you quick access to tiles or whatever that are at the very top
    The scrolling doesn't adapt to one-handed mode. For example, in the Weather app, you can scroll some, but it stops where it would if it were full screen, leaving the thermometer display hidden.

Now you wouldn't really use one-handed mode in Weather, but let's say you're using Facebook, and you need to click a link at the top, scroll some, click a link at the bottom, you get the point. With the current implementation, you would have to repeatedly enter and exit one-handed mode. But if they actually resized the app, you could just stay in one-handed mode and continue using the app.
    ven07 likes this.
    11-23-2015 03:19 PM
    The scrolling doesn't adapt to one-handed mode. For example, in the Weather app, you can scroll some, but it stops where it would if it were full screen, leaving the thermometer display hidden.

Now you wouldn't really use one-handed mode in Weather, but let's say you're using Facebook, and you need to click a link at the top, scroll some, click a link at the bottom, you get the point. With the current implementation, you would have to repeatedly enter and exit one-handed mode. But if they actually resized the app, you could just stay in one-handed mode and continue using the app.
    I see your point :) I would like to say that this is just an early version, but that just sounds like im defending MS lol

It's not a perfect answer, but share this feedback in the (you know it) feedback app
    casab1anca likes this.
    11-23-2015 07:56 PM
    I would like to say that this is just an early version, but that just sounds like im defending MS lol
    Oh yeah, I certainly don't think this should be Microsoft's highest priority, there's lots of other bugs for them to fix. :) I don't even use one-handed mode so I'm not particularly bothered by this, just thought it could be implemented better.
    ven07 likes this.
    11-23-2015 11:15 PM
    The top post does not explain how to DISABLE one handed mode. I also want to DISABLE this mode. It is horrific in implementation. I don't ever want to see it. It is a foolish option that gets in the way. There needs to be a way to DISABLE the feature. Another annoyance.
    DISBALE
    english
    06-03-2016 10:13 AM
    The top post does not explain how to DISABLE one handed mode. I also want to DISABLE this mode. It is horrific in implementation. I don't ever want to see it. It is a foolish option that gets in the way. There needs to be a way to DISABLE the feature. Another annoyance.
    DISBALE
    english
    Without hacking the system, you can't disable it. You'd bee in luck if there's a registry setting you can change, though I don't think so. But if you knew about registry hacks you probably wouldn't ask that here - you'd do it on your own.
    So, the bottom line is, you can't disable it.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-03-2016 10:31 AM
    DISBALE
    english
    agree with you...i played a lot of online game in my phone and accidentally press the one hand mode...god....really Microsoft..at least make a setting wheter to on or off the mode...but what can we do..
    10-29-2016 11:01 AM
    If you are activating it accidentally so much, why don't you just hide the bottom bar? (swipe up a bit from the bottom, and again to show it)
    10-30-2016 03:31 AM
33 12