One handed mode...

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Apologies if I missed this, but I've only just found it by accident!!

Press and hold the windows key for one-handed mode.
it shrinks the display to half the screen, then tap the 'bar' at the top to exit.

Thought it was a very neat feature :)

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
How are you so far behind on news? I'm actually amazed. It was all around on every website back when it launched like a few weeks (or months, idk) back. It's an achievement to not hear about it, while it gets reviewed multiple times on every Microsoft centered website.

2943553.jpg

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I agree that instead of holding a key, using another hand is lot better. But there will be cases when we may want to use it with one hand. Especially for lazy persons like me.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
How are you so far behind on news? I'm actually amazed. It was all around on every website back when it launched like a few weeks (or months, idk) back.
Well, it seems I'm a few weeks behind on the news.... what? you mean they have colour television now? wow, I've just wet myself with excitement. :straight:
No need to be a ***** about it though eh? ;)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol behave people... It's best if people find these new features on their own instead of being told to try them out, which is essentially the same as just forcing them to use sth they possibly wouldn't

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How are you so far behind on news? I'm actually amazed. It was all around on every website back when it launched like a few weeks (or months, idk) back. It's an achievement to not hear about it, while it gets reviewed multiple times on every Microsoft centered website.

View attachment 116636

Aw cut the guy some slack! A whole lot of people aren't hardwired in like we are!

amouses

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to ask my first and yet dumbo question.

I keep accidentally entering one handed mode as the press on the windows button is too long.

How can I DISABLE ONE HANDED MODE
It is driving me nuts.

regards mb

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
WP 8.1 was years behind the iPhone and Android in usability and user experience, finally It's catching up.

I totally disagree. WP8.1 has a radically different UI design language from Android and iOS. It uses sophisticated typography, suave but understated animations, and emphasises the benefit of a clean, clear screen with the minimum of visual noise.

WP8.1 makes Android and iOS look like clunky old has-beens from the last century, ESPECIALLY with that tired old icons-on-a-desktop paradigm. Both are far more complex, messy and inconsistent that WP8.1, which is remarkable in its simplicity (the only exception being the disastrous settings screen, which someone should have been sacked for).

Sadly, W10M has abandoned all the UI goodness of WP8.1 and deliberately adopted an Android look-and-feel so that developers will find it easier to port Android and iOS apps across. I believe that to be a disastrously bad decision by Microsoft, and one which won't work anyway.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to ask my first and yet dumbo question.

I keep accidentally entering one handed mode as the press on the windows button is too long.

How can I DISABLE ONE HANDED MODE
It is driving me nuts.

regards mb

You can't completely disable it, so it never shows up again, but you can just exit it by pressing (or holding, can't remember) the windows key, or by tapping the top portion of the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12