What app do you most want for Windows Phone?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: What app do you most want for Windows Phone

A better tumblr.. a better wattpad.. a better 9gag (not that I dislike the one we have..).. a better twitter.. snapchat (not for me, but for the young ones lol).. imo (again not for me, but for those who have an unexplained insatiable appetite for having 2000 im apps on their phones).. youtube.. google support

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

ToneStack

ToneStack is is a guitar/bass multi-effects processing (and recording) application for musicians. Basically, it's a digital guitar amp(s) and stomp box effects program. There's many similar apps like it on iOS and Android (like "Amplitube") but this one is my favorite. I bought the full unlocked "motherlode" version for like $32 (yes, it's that good!)

I've written the developer a few times and had conversations with him back and forth in their forums about supporting Windows and him possibly porting or writing a new Universal Windows 10 version... he says he's interested, but doesn't have the extra time right now.

Also "Steel Guitar" by the same dev, Yonac

While I'm currently a Windows Phone (1520) user, I do have an iPad Air 2 just for these kinds of apps that you just can't get on Windows Phone, or through the Windows Store for a tablet. Sure, a full Windows tablet like the Surface Pro 3/4 can run x86 legacy apps like Native Instruments Guitar Rig etc etc, but I'm talking about the "Metro" touch optimized style "apps" you'd get through the Store. The modern Windows app Store just doesn't have anything good like this...

Those kind of apps, and a good DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). I really really wish Microsoft would create an answer to Apple's Garage Band! Say what you will, but Garage Band is THE most intuitive, feature rich, and amazing DAW available on a touch enabled device! It really is top notch, and not to mention it has instrument processing capabilities like the above mentioned app as well. With Apple's "Inter-app Audio" and the third party "Audiobus" application, all these apps work together in perfect harmony.

Again, on the PC, of course there's always been full blown professional desktop legacy DAWs that are waaaaay more advanced (examples: Pro Tools, Cakewalk Sonar, Reason, Cubase, FL Studio, etc etc) but... for Windows touch enabled mobile devices... there is NOTHING!

So, these kind^^^ of apps are what's missing for me. And one of the reasons I'm considering an iPhone 6S Plus as my next phone.

Those apps, and then these games:

Clash of Clans ((obviously, probably the most requested game ever!) - I have quite a few friends that play and are in a clan with them, but can only play when I'm on the iPad)

Sim City Build It Love this game! (Been working on my City for over a year now.. would be nice to have on my phone!)

8 Ball Pool by MiniClip - again... all my friends play this. Guess who can't play on his Windows Phone :(

Angry Birds 2 !!! Really... where is it???

Sine Mora

Alto's Adventure

I could go on and on with the games... but I'll stop here.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

A better tumblr.. a better wattpad.. a better 9gag (not that I dislike the one we have..).. a better twitter.. snapchat (not for me, but for the young ones lol).. imo (again not for me, but for those who have an unexplained insatiable appetite for having 2000 im apps on their phones).. youtube.. google support

Oh yeah.. almost forgot:

a real Pinterest app
a real YouTube app (and other Google apps if we choose to have them... Google Earth anyone?)
a real non-"Beta" Instagram
a better Twitter I agree
Periscope?

I could care less about SnapChat, but it does need to be there for the platform to attract the younger crowd I agree.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

"Shooty Skies" - a new one from the makers of Crossy Road. Did Windows Phone even get considered during development?

WalrusTangerine

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Google! Google Search, Google Drive, Google Docs/Slides, etc. Obviously MS's services are way better but there are some places where I need to use Google services and this would help me a lot.

Neil Manuel

May 6, 2015
Visit site

REAL Youtube
UPDATED Instagram
UPDATED Fb and Messenger
UPDATED Afterlight
VSCOCam

I can live with these.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Everything that the compering platforms have that people always whine about. Until we have most of them we won't attract a lot of users. That, and the apps need to have the same features of the rivals.

offroadjunkie

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site

How about an app store that automatically removes the apps that haven't been updated in a month. Or at least gives me the option to sort by recent updates. Too many of the top rated apps haven't been updated in a very long time. If the dev doesn't care about their app, why should I install it?

Zero Omar

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

UPDATED Facebook (WITH COMMENT REPLY)
UPDATED Messenger
UPDATED Adobe reader (maybe a universal one)
some apps haven't been updated in years

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss