So is Microsoft Edge a universal app or what

Mike Nelson5

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
First of all you can't wright on web pages on in the mobile version and you have no flash. I ran into this problem when I downloaded the facebook beta version and I was tagged with a video I tried to play the video and the dam browser said I need to enable flash but there is no option in the mobile version like there is on the PC. So my question is if Microsoft is building a Facebook app that requires flash to watch videos then are we getting flash in W10M at some point. I went to the old Facebook app and the video played without a hitch. I'm not thinking Edge is very universal at this point other than layout.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There won't be any mobile Flash on any browser. Adobe hasn't supported it for several years, and no modern mobile browser supports it.

Mike Nelson5

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I know this so why can I not open a video in the Facebook bata app without flash and I can open the same video with the old app without issue.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You can open videos in both old Facebook, and the new Win10M version of Facebook, AND on the web (in the html player, which doesn't require flash).
And Flash isn't comming to Edge on mobile phones, while writing on web pages may come, though not soon I think.

Mike Nelson5

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I know flash has been out of.the mobile space and have no intentions of making it to mobile that's why it confused me because flash is built into Edge on PC and the issue was in facebook beta for windows 10 a universal app and within the app its telling me I need flash to watch this video. I guess I just missed were I could open this video in html video because the prompt told me I needed flash. At any rate thanks this is the response I kind of expected just a little confused that's all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb