Why aren't certain things working in W10M? Quick Action, blank tiles?

W

WPCentral Question

Why aren't certain things working in W10M? Quick Action, blank tiles

I just updated to W10M 10586 from 10581 on my Lumia 1020. To be clear, I had all these issues on 10581. My problems are:
Quick Actions - when I am in settings and want to change my top 4 quick actions, many of them crash the app when I tap on them to change them. They do this every time and cannot be changed.
Blank Tiles - While scrolling through the list of All Apps, many of the Microsoft apps show blank tiles. Groove Music, News, Weather, Skype, and of course Insider Hub all do this.
Live Tiles not working - this one is hit or miss, since it was working fine a few days ago, but my Pictures app live tile hasn't been working. It just shows the default icon. I checked in the settings and everything seems to be fine, but still not working.

Is anyone else having these problems?
I haven't really seen any posts about them.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why aren't certain things working in W10M? Quick Action, blank tiles

First of all as a fellow insider I'm surprised you haven't join this site already :winktongue:.

To me it sounds like issues persisting across builds, have you tried:

1) a hard reset?

2) Rolling back to Wp8.1 then updating to the latest build?

Make sure you back everything onto a PC etc before you do so.

Will G 44

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why aren't certain things working in W10M? Quick Action, blank tiles

Thanks for the reply! I had assumed I would need to do that, but was hoping otherwise...

I am a member here, but rarely sign in, and was on a computer that didn't have the credentials saved.

Just a quick update, I tried a hard reset and basically accomplished nothing. The same exact bugs still persist. When I get home, I will try rolling back to 8.1 and doing things that way. One thing I was able to kind of fix was the blank tiles in the app list. I found that if I uninstalled them and reinstalled them, they showed just fine. The only problem with this method was when I tried to uninstall MSN Weather, it would not give me the option. Also, uninstalling the Insider Hub resulting in me not being able to reinstall it, which I am less concerned about.

Anyhow, I will update when I get home and perform the 8.1 flashback. I sure hope that does the trick!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)