Fix for apps not updating on 10586

bosco68

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 and updated from 10581 to 10586. Like many others, I have 11 apps that show update available, however, when I try to update them manually I get the 0x803F8006 error. I believe I've found a fix.

1. Go to 'Your Apps' in Store
2. Scroll down until you find the app that's not updating. It will most likely be under 'Doesn't work on this device.'
3. Tap the app to go to that app's page. You'll see the 'Update' button. Tapping the 'Update' button will try to update, but then give you the error again.
4. Tap the 'X' next to the refresh circle. You'll now see the 'Open' button.
5. Tap the 'Open' button and the app will open.
6. Go back to Store and you'll see the update list decrease by one.

I've done this for 5 apps and not my list shows 6 updates available instead of 11. However, now, on a couple apps, I'm getting "The thing you're looking for isn't here. We probably don't have it, but just in case, try searching for it."

YMMV. Good luck!

bosco68

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Bah! Checking for updates kicks me back to 11 apps with updates available. The same apps I went into one by one. Oh well. Gabe Aul replied to a tweet that the Store team is working on it.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep good ol MS, one step forward and three back, can't believe how inconsistent this whole W10M thing has become, in my opinion it is too late to blame beta/insider now and oh ya, experiencing same garbage on my L830/L1020.

MobileOperator

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Installed build from 8.1, got about 30+ updates all installed without error, it was fluid eve without a hard reset,

Some apps are failing because they are not allowed to be installed on sd card by developer which win 10 is not notifying like 8.1 do, changing the storage to install apps on the device solved all the apps that weren't updating, all lumia apps, here apps all working on my phone.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Installed build from 8.1, got about 30+ updates all installed without error, it was fluid eve without a hard reset,

Some apps are failing because they are not allowed to be installed on sd card by developer which win 10 is not notifying like 8.1 do, changing the storage to install apps on the device solved all the apps that weren't updating, all lumia apps, here apps all working on my phone.

As for myself, never stored apps on L830s SD card and my L1020 doesn't have expandable storage, resolved the latter's issue by reverting back to W8.1 w/all apps being available and working fine now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb