Well I ain't, been all out W10 for weeks now (It could be days, but it feels like weeks), Xbox One, Desktop, Surface Pro 3, HP Stream and finally my 1520 (10856 is as far as I am concerned W10) and I have left the Insider program for the time being.

My wife is up to date on her laptop, Surface Pro and Xbox One, but she brought her 830 through this morning as it needed some attention on the Fitbit app.

I was really shocked how dated 8.1 looked and how I had forgotten where the settings were, so dang it, it's also now on 10 (Just letting it auto download all the music pass stuff she had forgot to download).

No need to wait in my opinion, 8.1 is dead, long live 10 (Well at least for me and the wife, my luddite of a 22 year old boy who has a laptop, gaming PC, Xbox One and 930 is still firmly welded to 8.1 to wind me up, but even he has noticed one or two bits of 10 that are causing him to waver).

Update away MS (Especially OneDrive placeholders and the walk in disaster that is the current state of Skype).
    aximtreo and EspHack like this.
    11-22-2015 06:55 AM
    How is the synergy between the devices?

I had to downgrade to 8.1 as the battery life on my 920 is shot to pieces now.

Been up since 5 AM, now on it's second dose of charging lol on the preview builds by now i would have had to charge it the 4th time.

Have had my 920 since Nov 2012.
    11-22-2015 06:59 AM
    There are obviously still one or two bits that are different between phone and PC/tablet, but the lines are becoming much more blurred, for example the settings on Groove and other apps are pretty much the same, messaging + Skype works better on the phone as the phone knows about messaging and Skype whereas the PC is currently blind to messages but I believe that will improve with time.

Another thing I noticed I can now have all my edge favourites auto sync between phone and PC (For me a handy tool).

I must have been lucky with my insider builds as I haven't really had many issues and I only ever did one hard reset, but then I suppose I didn't bother putting lots of apps back on until 10586 after I left the insiders (For a rest).
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    11-22-2015 07:08 AM
    Out of interest, does your Son's 930's mics and speakers work ok??

Tried 10 this weekend. Hey Cortana doesnt work [can't hear me] and no sound when recording.

Follows on 8.1 Denim problems of only recording in mono and the mic no working when used handsfree. Loved my 930 till these speaker/mic problems. MS are isgnoring them. Sorry if this has gone off topic!!
    11-22-2015 10:36 AM
    \yes they work, no reported problems with 930 at all (Well apart from being on 8.1 that is).
    bells0 likes this.
    11-22-2015 10:49 AM
    That's what I thought.. Until 10 caused my L1520 to overheat and drain the battery like mad, and randomly close apps and some apps not working so I went back to 8.1 and then just updated to the newest WP10 build and still same thing after 4 days.... so RIGHT NOW I'm dumping WP10 for the 4th time to go back to 8.1 until this thing is fixed... it's really bad when you can't do anything without your phone screwing up....
    11-22-2015 11:32 AM
    I have a similar experience on 1520 with 10586. Battery drains pretty quick. But the Apps are really really fast. Unfortunately had to go back to 8.1 due to battery issue.
    Michael Dontigney likes this.
    11-22-2015 11:52 AM
    I haven't had any overheating or battery drain issues on my 1520 all the way through the insider process, BUT there was an issue on my Surface Pro 3, it turned out it was a tick box that was making a service or app run and making the thing get hot very quickly, once I found that tick box and turned it off I never had any other problems.

I am sure a quick look over in the Surface forums will find you some posts on the subject, it does sound surprisingly similar................
    11-22-2015 12:23 PM
    that new messaging app has the habit of saying "skype is not available now, try later" when I'm in a hurry, lol I just cant imagine a self-respecting IM service like facebook's messenger telling that to users and living another day, apart from that, I noticed I was kind of happy with 10586 because of my extremely low expectations, now I see what it really is, a bunch of bugs and constant crashes where you have no certainty of anything, I visited the feedback app and it is full of people wanting to go back to 8.1, its not that I want it to be perfect, but jeez, at least I should expect it to work right? when I upgraded to 8.1 there was this music app mess and the hubs thing but I could actually use my phone comfortably anyway

but yea... what can we do now.. wait for some updates I guess
    11-22-2015 12:41 PM
    Oddly I didn't have the battery drain or overheating issues until the last few builds.. earlier builds worked well enough to make my DD... But about 3-4 builds back I got the battery drain/overheat issue and haven't been able to shake it... What is very odd is I was waiting patiently for 586 so when it was released I immediately got it (same night) and it was working GREAT.. No overheating... no battery drain even leaving the phone off the charger overnight.. UNTIL the next morning when I checked and there was some update... I accepted and the gears started... after that update it was back to resuming everything and battery drain/overheating... I did a hard reset... no hope.. I waited 3 days... nope.. still borked.. So I went back to 8.1 this morning.
    11-22-2015 12:55 PM
    How is the synergy between the devices?

I had to downgrade to 8.1 as the battery life on my 920 is shot to pieces now.

Been up since 5 AM, now on it's second dose of charging lol on the preview builds by now i would have had to charge it the 4th time.

Don't you think the battery problems on your 925 are due to a + 3 year old battery? I see people with battery problems and it's almost always on phones 2 or more years old and phones that can't have the battery changed. Interested in your opinion.

Have had my 920 since Nov 2012.
    11-22-2015 03:35 PM