HTC one m8... Pull the trigger?

markryb

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Pulling the trigger...today?...... Have a question..... Still running the original 8.1 update 2... Is it as simple as backing up and downloading the update(already on the insider app)... Is a hard reset required?..

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's as easy as that, however the phone works best if you don't restore a backup since you're restoring lots of old data that may screw with the new OS. My suggestion is to just save the files from your phone to your PC, then transfer them back when you're on Win10Mobile.

So..backup (whichever way you want), install the app, select the ring, go to phone update, and just check for updates. A hard reset is recommended, however not mandatory.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC One M8 and everything works great. Best W10Mob release yet, I use it as a daily driver, have for the last couple of months.

I did a phone reset after the upgrade to 10586.11, then did the updates, then deleted the ones I don't want and installed all the new ones.

This phone really is a great piece of hardware, solid, excellent speakers, 2.4 ghz quad core with 2 GB of RAM. I think I am going to go with it for the time being and not buy a 950, I want to see if the rumors that Microsoft is going to build a x86 surface phone are true, so the thing will really be a mobile PC.

FWIW I never do a restore, I back up but I have installed new software so many times I just have done a minimal install until this past one.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I have with my M8 is ringtones sometimes get torn up and sound like the speaker is blown after playing music through Groove. A reboot fixes it for awhile.

wolfee48

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Working good here... once in awhile a little lag here and there. But that is expected with preview build. I ran it on wifi for a couple days before I made it my daily driver.

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I went straight from 8.1 to 10586.11 and have had no problems, my M8 runs smooth and everything works, I do not use a Dot matrix case so I can't speak for it but all the other HTC app's work. Best Windows phone made

markryb

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks... Downloaded yesterday... So far I'm loving it... Took approx. One hour total time... No noted issues at this time... Gonna"play" with it tonight and see if I find any glitches... So far so good!

sugarbowl

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Can you install the HTC sense TV app from the store? It doesn't show up in search results when I search from the phone. I can find the link using edge browser, but it says the app is not compatible with my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12