windows 10 mobile is already a massive upgrade and big improvement compared to windows phone 8x. Microsoft's bold move about making '' one windows '' unified user happening with windows 10. And it is helping close app gap on windows mobile also. Windows 10 offers a single codebase for creating apps across devices. Meaning now devolopers can get more audience and money by their universal apps. Devolpers of pc apps can now easily create mobile , xbox , band apps. It's very hard for devolopers to ignore the huge userbase of windows 10. Meaning more quality universal apps = more revenue = more devolopers = more users / more quality universal apps = more users = more revenue = more devolopers onboard . With unversal app platform windows store revenue is already increased over 4 times. Many devolopers doesn't brings their apps to wp cause they can't afford they expense, because wp store revenue is very low. So devolopers doesn't waste their time and money. But hopefully this has to change with W10m, cause of some app porting tools ! Firstly : Project Astoria and Islandwood which will port Android and Ios apps directly into Windows mobile. Secondly : Project centennial and project Westminster which will port Windows 32 apps and web apps into W10M. It eqauls that we can use Android apps-games + Ios apps-games + web apps-games + Windows 32 apps-games + of course our native-reliable apps-games. This will cause a huge bump in apps-games on Windows 10 mobile. Hurrah ! Lots of apps ! We can enjoy both Android or Iphone and desktop specific goodies (apps-games). But they can't use our (Wm,desktop) apps. More apps-games variety than Android / Iphone ! ! it's a big plus point for Windows 10 mobile over Iphone and Android. Too much fun ! Just keep your eyes open and see what happens next ..........
    11-22-2015 11:07 AM
    Windows 10 seems to be getting so much praise, I'm not that fussed about it... Of course its more powerful across platforms but just the general look and usability.
    11-22-2015 11:10 AM
    Windows 10 seems to be getting so much praise, I'm not that fussed about it... Of course its more powerful across platforms but just the general look and usability.
    well that sucks ! I am getting frustated day by day .
    11-22-2015 11:16 AM
    Genarell design and usability is just fine for most people. But app gap is the biggest caveat of windows phone .
    '
    Second biggest problem is windows mobile is missing too many basic and some advanced features. We need more features.
    '
    '
    Thirdly our OS needs a big design overhaul .
    11-22-2015 11:36 AM
    Long live the day when i will see the same quality app/game on all platforms (ios,android,w10m)
    11-22-2015 11:44 AM
    Long live the day when i will see the same quality app/game on all platforms (ios,android,w10m)
    We might have to live very long to see that day. MS has announced that Project Astoria is pretty much dead. Islandwood is apparently still breathing, but here's a comment from one iOS developer:

I am sorry, but what was promised in the project Islandwood session video and what was finally presented are two completely different things.
    The project is in a pitiful state, with a quasy archaic iOS 6 level API, and even as that, so much of it is implemented as stubs or, worse, in a very naive and incorrect manner.
    This project is at least two years away from being able to call it remotely ready, by which time it would be five years of API behind the times. Project Astoria Might Be Canned, but Microsoft Details Project Islandwood in New Video
    11-22-2015 02:19 PM
    Well, another un-named iOS dev claiming Islandwood is no good... who'd thunk? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, Islandwood is still in early stages. OTOH maybe the unnamed dev doesn't want anything to do with MS, have iOS apps ported over, or maybe he just has some crappy iOS app, who knows. At least MS is giving Apple a way to port apps and maybe Apple should help MS to develop Islandwood if it's so crappy at the moment.
    11-22-2015 06:16 PM
    We don't need wait too much for that day, it's coming soon.
    '
    Live until 2017 and see what happens.
    '
    Microsoft not announced that project astoria is dead , it's a fake news. Microsoft said that, '' project astoria is not ready for the prime time yet ''.
    '
    please don't give us fake news.
    '
    and project islanwood is 4-6 months away from the launch , it's not fully completed as of now.
    '
    microsoft is working very hard to make these tools as good as possible. Cause it's a do or die situation, So they can't play like child with these tools.
    '
    They are giving their best.
    11-22-2015 06:58 PM
    Well, another un-named iOS dev claiming Islandwood is no good... who'd thunk? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, Islandwood is still in early stages. OTOH maybe the unnamed dev doesn't want anything to do with MS, have iOS apps ported over, or maybe he just has some crappy iOS app, who knows. At least MS is giving Apple a way to port apps and maybe Apple should help MS to develop Islandwood if it's so crappy at the moment.
    You understand that Islandwood works only if it works for iOS developers -- they're the people who make the apps that we're hoping will get ported to Windows Mobile. Maybe this guy is an exception and most iOS developers are more positive about Islandwood, but I wouldn't put money on it. And I'm pretty sure it'll be a cold day in hell before Apple helps make Islandwood work better.
    11-22-2015 07:59 PM
    Genarell design and usability is just fine for most people. But app gap is the biggest caveat of windows phone .
    '
    Second biggest problem is windows mobile is missing too many basic and some advanced features. We need more features.
    '
    '
    Thirdly our OS needs a big design overhaul .
    Didn't wp just get a OS overhaul? Its called W10M. Please clarify
    11-22-2015 09:51 PM
    windows 10 mobile needs an big design overhaul. Look at android lolipop / marshmallow designing , far more advanced than Windows 10 mobile . Windows 10 mobiles design is good but feels aged and common.
    11-22-2015 11:01 PM
    windows 10 mobile needs an big design overhaul. Look at android lolipop / marshmallow designing , far more advanced than Windows 10 mobile . Windows 10 mobiles design is good but feels aged and common.
    11-22-2015 11:07 PM
    I am not joking here. Windows 10 mobile designing is good but feels aged. Compare w10m with Android yourself and see. Basic lockscreen , action centre etc . Settings page is worse compared to android - iphone. Iphone/Android settings page is much easier and good . Store design is crappy and makes no sense .
    11-22-2015 11:49 PM
    I am not joking here. Windows 10 mobile designing is good but feels aged. Compare w10m with Android yourself and see. Basic lockscreen , action centre etc . Settings page is worse compared to android - iphone. Iphone/Android settings page is much easier and good . Store design is crappy and makes no sense .
    I would say is because you are not getting used to it. I don't see anything seriously wrong with the Settings pages. Yes, text are kinda small. But ain't setting pages are similar on every platform? iOS - is worse. Why in the world do we have all installed apps displaying on the setting page - taking up such huge amount of spaces on SETTING page. At least we have a Apps category on Android under Settings. But look at iOS, every apps are simply dumped onto the Setting main page. Why like that, Apple???!

And how much better is iPhone lock screen as compared to Windows 10? I don't see how much better iOS lock screen is. We can slide to dismiss notifications on the pull-down notification shade - just like Android. But on iOS, we have to tap on the "X" in order to dismiss notifications. Is so old school!

Store - if you are talking about lacking of app selections, I do agree. But crappy store, like what? I find the filtering algorithms are much better than before, as least better than WP8.1 store. Perhaps the loading speed should be faster, but I guess things will improve over time. iOS and Android had worse store layout before - I recall Google actually redesigned the store when it was changed to be Google Play.

Basically, I think you are just not used to how Windows 10 look and feel. Just like when WP users trying hard to understand why iOS is still filled with the stale looking static icons layout on the home screen - even by the year 2015.
    11-23-2015 09:08 PM