Guide to MS Office Phone apps? I was trying to figure out how to do a Cntl Down for filling cells with the same formula on the Excel app for Phones. (currently I am using the Android vers but I am getting the 950XL and I'm sure I'll have the same questions because they seem to be identical). Is there a keyboard shortcut for this and all these things because the phones have no Contrl key.

dlcpa
    11-23-2015 02:41 PM
    I guess it will work with a keyboard, but there's a touch solution for it. Not so intuative tbh. I tried to find it a few days ago, and now you've reminded me of it, so I tried again and found it.
    For example, in A1 type =A2*A3. Confirm the entry (just select another cell), and then select the A1 tile again, and then press the cell again, which will give you
    -Cut
    -Copy
    -Paste
    -Clear
    -Fill

Select fill, and then select which cells you want to fill.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. If you don't I'll try to explain better.
    11-23-2015 03:40 PM
    I do but all I get is Copy, Cut, Paste and Clear. However, after I hit copy, I drag the shaded cells down to a.b.c.d. 35 (I was doing a Soc Security payments calc $18,000 per year both employee and employer for 35 years plus interest) and then hit paste and it fills the formula down. I did it separately for each column but maybe you can do it across, will try that next. There was a $300,000 plus diff from the financial calculator which looked low in the $600,000 range.

Excel, even on a phone has it's uses. I have an alimony giveback worksheet on it and that works great. I used to have a program for going out with a specific couple that had 5 or 6 drinks to our 1. It took the food bill separately it and divided it by # of people and then added the bar bill #s based upon how many drinks each couple had and after that applied the tax and tip. Totally unnecessary if big drinkers offer to pay extra and they should because who needs to spend an extra $75 for someone else's drinks, So, there are applications that fit nicely for cell phones and I'm sure many others could be divised.
    11-24-2015 01:53 PM