Final release on my 1520?

anon(7822191)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Is the current insider preview fast ring update the "final" release that was featured on the new 950s? I know windows will never be "final" now as it's digressed into eternal beta, but, if i stick this update on my phone can i consider it windows 10 mobile official? also, when official updates come in the future, will it be okay if i uninstall the insider preview? will updates come straight to my phone? or will i have to enroll in the insider preview to get updates? i'm a little confused by this. feels, messy.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what the right answer is here actually.

I know its what was stuck on the 950, but whether its going to work as well as it should yet, is up for interpretation. If you enroll in Insider you can unenroll from Insider at any time. It wont screw with updates. Whether you need to be in Insider to get updates remains to be seen in the event the phone is a carrier branded one.

dajma00

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You can install the preview version. But previews are generally not for daily driver stuff. Once Microsoft releases version for your phone you can leave the preview program and your phone will then update itself to the release version.

Durishin

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I put the latest Fast Ring release on my 1520 Daily Driver last Friday. I am having no serious issues with it. Literally, in the four days I have had to reset it once because it froze up.

The only thing it doesn't seem to do that 8.1 did was let me choose the default navigation app for directions...no setting for that. Otherwise, all is fine and it is an interesting refresh (I don't like the wire-frame style icons at all as I think they are cheap looking compared to the richness of i****e's design).

dajma00

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I put the latest Fast Ring release on my 1520 Daily Driver last Friday. I am having no serious issues with it. Literally, in the four days I have had to reset it once because it froze up.

The only thing it doesn't seem to do that 8.1 did was let me choose the default navigation app for directions...no setting for that. Otherwise, all is fine and it is an interesting refresh (I don't like the wire-frame style icons at all as I think they are cheap looking compared to the richness of i****e's design).

How is your battery life?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss