Here are my queries in full detail:
    Query 1: I honestly feel that the thickness of the navigation bar in Windows Phone 8.1 should have been carried over to Windows 10 Mobile as well. I mean, if you look at it, the new one is a little too thick. Is there a way this can be solved?

Query 2: If most of you have already noticed, the navigation bar in Windows 10 Mobile can be hidden in the start screen, settings, and other Microsoft apps installed on the device. But when you try to do that in 3rd party apps, you can't. Whereas in Windows Phone 8.1, it can be hidden in every single app on the phone. Is there a way we can provide feedback about this?
    11-23-2015 09:46 PM
    Here are my queries in full detail:
    Query 1: I honestly feel that the thickness of the navigation bar in Windows Phone 8.1 should have been carried over to Windows 10 Mobile as well. I mean, if you look at it, the new one is a little too thick. Is there a way this can be solved?

Query 2: If most of you have already noticed, the navigation bar in Windows 10 Mobile can be hidden in the start screen, settings, and other Microsoft apps installed on the device. But when you try to do that in 3rd party apps, you can't. Whereas in Windows Phone 8.1, it can be hidden in every single app on the phone. Is there a way we can provide feedback about this?
    If you have a 950, you can adjust the text scaling and it also affects the navigation bar. I lowered my scaling from 400% down to 350% and the nav bar is noticeably thinner.
    11-23-2015 09:49 PM
    I have a Lumia 730 and have lowered the text scaling to the lowest possible level. And it's still thick. The thing with text scaling is that it's a setting that affects every area of the OS by increasing the font size. Are you sure it also increases/decreases the nav bar's size as well? I just checked it a few seconds ago, and it doesn't.

Also, I am unable to hide it when using 3rd party apps like WhatsApp, UC Browser, etc. Any idea how I can put forth feedback regarding this?
    11-23-2015 09:53 PM
    I have a Lumia 730 and have lowered the text scaling to the lowest possible level. And it's still thick. The thing with text scaling is that it's a setting that affects every area of the OS by increasing the font size. Are you sure it also increases/decreases the nav bar's size as well? I just checked it a few seconds ago, and it doesn't.

Also, I am unable to hide it when using 3rd party apps like WhatsApp, UC Browser, etc. Any idea how I can put forth feedback regarding this?
    Are you running Windows 10 on your 730? The nav bar definitely scales down for me.

You would have to give feedback to the developer of each of those apps I would assume. I can't hide it in certain apps as well, like the new Windows Central app.
    11-23-2015 10:47 PM
    Hi..the text scaling doesn't work for me either...but I don't have living images in Microsoft camera.. Do you have it in your 730
    11-24-2015 08:38 AM
    Not once did I ever think that bar was to thick; it doesn't interfere with anything on the screen.

You need enough area that you can successfully tap those icons. Any smaller and you're going to miss. A lot of research has been conducted by a variety of teams to determine the minimum size for a hit area and I think that bar is close to the lower limit. Make it smaller and you'll have a lot of people complain that they have trouble tapping those icons.

It's especially important here because many apps feature a second row right above that one. So you need enough area to tap the one you want without accidentally tapping the row above. Also, you'll notice that those two rows are the same exact height. I like it that way; I wouldn't want one bar to be shorter because it would just look like a mess. Consistency is important.
    11-24-2015 12:03 PM
    Not once did I ever think that bar was to thick; it doesn't interfere with anything on the screen.

You need enough area that you can successfully tap those icons. Any smaller and you're going to miss. A lot of research has been conducted by a variety of teams to determine the minimum size for a hit area and I think that bar is close to the lower limit. Make it smaller and you'll have a lot of people complain that they have trouble tapping those icons.

It's especially important here because many apps feature a second row right above that one. So you need enough area to tap the one you want without accidentally tapping the row above. Also, you'll notice that those two rows are the same exact height. I like it that way; I wouldn't want one bar to be shorter because it would just look like a mess. Consistency is important.
    Try it before you knock it, I like it smaller. I personally have no problems hitting the buttons and it does add a little bit of extra screen space. It doesn't look inconsistent or messy.
    11-24-2015 03:46 PM

I noticed this too and it's ******* me off. There's no telling when you can hide it anymore. When will Microsoft get smart UX people.

Anyhow i shouldn't complain too much, i'm leaving Windows Phone after 5 years. I'm sick of being a beta tester!
    12-07-2015 05:59 AM
    Anyhow i shouldn't complain too much, i'm leaving Windows Phone after 5 years. I'm sick of being a beta tester!
    This seems a bit hasty. Launch is imminent (apparently). Can't you hang on for just another couple of weeks?
    12-07-2015 06:06 AM
    This seems a bit hasty. Launch is imminent (apparently). Can't you hang on for just another couple of weeks?
    Launch of what? Something that works? It's been 5 years and the only that has happened is them taking away stuff. My phone doesn't even have a descent maps app anymore since Here got yanked from the store. I basically have a glorified watch i need to charge everyday (that i can't even get to easily because double tap to wake has never worked and has never been fixed fx). Again, i'm sorry.... you guys keep hanging on. I'm out.

PS: May i just put on last bitter lemon in the basket. Live lockscreen..... They couldn't do it! What does that say about MS.They couldn't even deliver a simple lockscreen. Just sayin'
    12-07-2015 01:17 PM
    I couldn't tell if this was sarcasm or serious. Patience is one of those things wearing thin.
    12-07-2015 01:36 PM
    I couldn't tell if this was sarcasm or serious. Patience is one of those things wearing thin.
    Well, no, it wasn't meant to be sarcasm, but I do appreciate why you might read it that way!
    12-08-2015 04:45 PM