Display issues Lumia 930 are worse in W10 Build 10586?

franco-vela

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Display issues Lumia 930 are worse in W10 Build 10586

Hi people, I had the famous purple tint on my 930 on 8.1 and screen flickering was hiting my device but almost never. I have updated to W10 and these problems are getting worse. Screen flickering is happening a lot and the purple tint is even worse, brightness change more than before and this affect to the screen colors. Are you having this issues?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Display issues Lumia 930 are worse in W10 Build 10586

Sounds more like a hard ware issue than a software issue.

Have you tried hard resetting the device?

franco-vela

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

In your first post you said you had the problem on w8.1

I'm confused.

Yes, sorry for the confusion. The thing is that on 8.1 this is "normal" ( shamelessly), it's a known issue with denim firmware and L930, BUT on W10 this is getting worse and the question is if people with L930 and W10 are experiencing this

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Well as far as I know, no new firmware has been released. it's just a software update

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

TTsoldier, the Lumia 930 is notorious in having display issues. In Lumia Cyan it was ok, but with Denim all 930 were hit with some kind of blinking screen. Denim fixed the device getting hot but ruined other aspects. (Basically I think these two are related, screen resets it-self in shorts 0.1ms intervals so that the phone doesn't get too hot).
Now it appears for Franco-Vela the issues with purple tint (which were in Cyan) and (screen flickering - Denim) are back in Windows 10.
I am sorry for him.
I have a Lumia 930, doesn't have purple tint because it doesn't happened to all devices (depends how it went out the factory) but I do have the screen blinking quite often.

franco-vela

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

TTsoldier, the Lumia 930 is notorious in having display issues. In Lumia Cyan it was ok, but with Denim all 930 were hit with some kind of blinking screen. Denim fixed the device getting hot but ruined other aspects. (Basically I think these two are related, screen resets it-self in shorts 0.1ms intervals so that the phone doesn't get too hot).
Now it appears for Franco-Vela the issues with purple tint (which were in Cyan) and (screen flickering - Denim) are back in Windows 10.
I am sorry for him.
I have a Lumia 930, doesn't have purple tint because it doesn't happened to all devices (depends how it went out the factory) but I do have the screen blinking quite often.

At least I'm not alone hahaha. I can live with the purple tint because it only appears some times in some levels of brightness, but the flickering is so annoying..
I have high hopes on the firmware update that will come (I suppose) with W10 Mobile. The phone is so nice that I can live with that either

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

I don't think they will fix it. They are aware of it but knowing Microsoft, it took them 4 years to implement gapless playback. I think someday when I will be bored I will make an open letter to Microsoft, on what they are doing wrong, things like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos