Why is my skype messages mixed in with my phone txt and phone calls

RealBboy360

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
How do I separate this? My skype app doesn't work does work either.

I just upgraded to 950xl from my 1520, just want skype to act like the old way, or at least moved to a different text message tile.

RealBboy360

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
no it's built in. I don't know what do do. I've searched settings everywhere. When I click on the phone, it's my phone calls mixed with my skype video/audio calls. When I click on text messages, it's skype text with att text messages.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
no it's built in. I don't know what do do. I've searched settings everywhere.

That's one of the new features of Windows 10 Mobile. You're right, it's built in.

The settings for it are kind of elusive, and can't be found through the main 'Settings' app. When you open the Messages app, from the main screen where all your conversations are listed, tap on the three dot menu, (lower right corner) and tap on 'Skype Settings'. Note you'll have 'Settings', and 'Skype Settings' here. 'Skype Settings' is what you want. (also note: your screen may look a little different here as I've got my scaling all the way down to 175%)

wp_ss_20151126_0005.jpg

Then here you can choose your default behaviors.

wp_ss_20151126_0004.jpg

I don't get many Skype calls, so I don't have much experience with those, but for messaging, you can now keep all your regular SMS text messages and Skype conversations together in one convenient area. If you have a contact that has both, you can switch between SMS and Skype in the upper right corner of the particular contact's conversation window by tapping on the 'Send on' (Skype or SMS)

Skype_sms.jpg

I'm not sure why your regular Skype app isn't working. Maybe try uninstalling and re-installing it. It should work independent of the "built in" functions I think. It's working fine on my 1520 with the Win10 Mobile build 10586.

Hope this helps!

therealcostanza

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
it was like this for me too. I ended up delinking my skype and microsoft live accounts, and it seemed to work. I don't like that they are together either. seems good for enterprise, not for me personally.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720