Images not showing in mail

therealcostanza

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
so I have the option set for my gmail to always download full messages and internet images. every email I get still has all the images showing with just a red x. is this an issue with gmail, exchange, ??

JustBnLazy

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue for all of my email accounts - outlook.com, personal IMAP, GMail and work Exchange. I've removed/added on 950XL and still no luck.

wizll

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
same issue on 950XL on all my email accounts. guessing we'll have to wait for engineers on that app to get back to work and push out a fix. kind of annoying the past few days checking email.

JustBnLazy

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Well... I took the chance and did the hard reset. When adding email accounts this time I did each account one at a time and did it via Settings -> Accounts -> Your email and accounts. I doubt this was needed but wanted to go one by one to see if I could determine when it broke again. So far so good. Not a good solution but a "possible" solution if you're willing to take the leap...

D0ugl3r

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if for the people hesitant on doing the hard reset, you could create a backup of your settings, do the hard reset and then restore your phone from the back up and still have the issue fixed...

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can do a backup, then hard reset and restore the backup. I did this and it fixed the Outlook email image thing. Honestly, its not a big deal and not that onerous.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you can do a backup, then hard reset and restore the backup. I did this and it fixed the Outlook email image thing. Honestly, its not a big deal and not that onerous.

And then re-login to your Twitter apps, WiFi networks, start your games over from the beginning, reset all of your options, etc... Nope not a big deal at all, why don't you do it every morning so that you start out fresh for the day?

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I got the same issue. It seemed to coincide with me setting up my work email and the policy is to encrypt the storage of the phone but I can't be 100% certain. Hard reset still with restore will be my last hope but I don't like wasting two hours reconfiguring the phone since not all the settings of apps are saved and re-associating my phone with work takes a help desk call.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077