Windows Mobile 10 - 3 simple Questions?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows Mobile 10 - 3 simple Questions

1st (The easy one)
I'm owner of lumia 640 lte from Greece and I hear that the expected upgrade to Windows 10 will be 14th of December in my country. Is that true?

2nd
Cortana in Greece?? Is it possible to happen?

3rd
Universal Apps such as Facebook, instagram and fb messenger.. We know that they started to build them. Do we know when could we expect them to be available ??

I'm new to the "magic" world of WP so dont be cruel with me! hehe
..Excuse my English :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Mobile 10 - 3 simple Questions

Your English is fine :).

1) That is supposedly when Windows 10 Mobile hits general availability for other phones.

2) Not entirely sure on that one.

3) We know they are coming, infact the facebook app was updated to 10 and later regressed back to a previous version.

Why?

We can only speculate in regards to that.

Since your new to Windows Phone, drop by the introductions thread and say hello :) (it would also help you to keep track of this thread too).

George Manologlou

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

I just made my registration. Thank you for your advice.

For the first question I think that this is the release date for the most European countries but I asked because I wanted to find out if that is true or just rumours ... If anyone knows for sure I would appreciate that.

About Cortana it's obvious that it is very difficult to translate and program Cortana to understand and speak Greek but I just wanted to know if we're gonna have a chance on that.. maybe in 2016 ??

Lumia 640 LTE is a great mid range phone and sometimes I wonder where is the trap in that phone. Great battery, very good lumia cam, nice device (I have the blue). The only disadvantage for me is the social media apps. If they upgrade these apps it would be wonderful experience. Ok .. I also get jealous when I see tube videos from us with cortana but I can cope with it (for now)

Thank you for your time though!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Your welcome.

I would say it's rumoured to be on the 14th Dec; as things can change last minute ergo the surface mini which was cancelled on the eve of the announcement. Never the less given the last insider build is 1586.11 and the 950/ 950 XL run the 1586.x it is more than likely GA will be sometime in December.

in regards to roll out per region, there hasn't been any coherent pattern with past updates. So it is difficult to gauge a time scale, plus this is compounded by multi models. (Not all models were sold in all markets).

In regards to Cortana, they are gradually adding regions as they want to personalise the experience with relevant and local content. That does take time. Hopefully it will roll out to Greece in the near future.

Also each region has a different voice actress.

I agree, it is a stellar device and you would think there is a catch. As of now, there isn't one.

George Manologlou

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Today is the second day that I use Windows 10 (through insider). I can say that I'm thrilled. Great changes, great interface, smooth operation and some bugs that I'm sure that the programmers will fix them in the near future.

The only thing that I expect is Universal Social Media Apps such as Facebook, instagram and Facebook messenger. If they do that I will stay in Microsoft for long time. This is the only thing that holds me back 'cause when I use the android apps in my tablet are far far far better than MS Facebook - instagram ... I hope to see some announcements in the next few weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans