Win 10 mobile live tiles vs win phone 8.1

brettpfleiger

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got a 950xl and noticed that when I pin my yahoo account to the start screen the tile does not update with a count.

Also when I pin a web page to the start screen the tile does not show a snapshot of the page as it did in win phone 8.1. This is a big deal since there is a lack of apps, I would pin web pages and place them in a group. Now if I do that I have now way to differentiate one pined web page from the other.

Is this the way it is or is there a setting that I am missing?

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Just got a 950xl and noticed that when I pin my yahoo account to the start screen the tile does not update with a count.

Also when I pin a web page to the start screen the tile does not show a snapshot of the page as it did in win phone 8.1. This is a big deal since there is a lack of apps, I would pin web pages and place them in a group. Now if I do that I have now way to differentiate one pined web page from the other.

Is this the way it is or is there a setting that I am missing?

This is the main reason I went back to 8.1 , my start screen became full of ugly blue Edge squares, pinning web pages from mobile websites has always been a way to fill some of the app gap but its somewhat broken (visually) for the moment

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
You setup yahoo through mail app? Go to notification section in settings. I get a little black circle counter. And make sure in accounts you have "as items arrive" set.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
W10m start screen is the best one yet. Just the people live tile is weird lol. I love it. I love the little new bubbles for notifications too.

brettpfleiger

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Update, I have been using my 950xl for a few weeks now. I found that it took a few days for my mail tiles to start updating but after they began to update they have been updating fine ever since.

Griffinx

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Don't like the fact that you cant show a pic to identify edge websites on the startscreen...they are all blue edge logos. MS need to fix this

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I pinned NBC News top story page and it generated a live tile. Boring mind you, black text on white background, but a live tile none the less. The static Edge image, I think, has to do with how the page is coded. wp_ss_20151213_0001.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett