Why email doesn't shown graphics?

JohnBarry2

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
950 here and i have noticed the same thing although it seems selective. I have automatic download selected and it will typically download most of the images. I think its something to do with the latest version of the mail app but it could be the hardware, i dont recall having this issue last week with my 830.

D0ugl3r

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I saw in another thread someone mentioned doing a hard reset fixed this issue on their 950XL - can confirm it worked on my 950XL

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
950 XL user here. Email doesn't show images....although it is setup to download images automatically. Anyone having similar issues?

I had the same issue. I think Microsoft did it so you would click the link to display the images that takes you to the edge browser to boost the number of user/uses on edge.

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my 950XL. I wasn't having this problem on my 920 running the latest build of Windows 10. Hopefully it's just a bug, I'd rather not do a hard reset, as everything else is working great.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Hard reset??? That is bs...now that it Took me 4 days to get all my stuff back to normal, I'm not doing a hard reset. If MS can't update the damn email app, then I guess I'm stuck w a piece of **** of mail app

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Well factory reset with no backup fixes it. I have done two resets for various reasons and can confirm with a backup it caused the outlook app to once again not download images.

It's not worth the hassle to me of setting my whole phone up again. I'll wait for MS to fix it on their end.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Well factory reset with no backup fixes it. I have done two resets for various reasons and can confirm with a backup it caused the outlook app to once again not download images.

It's not worth the hassle to me of setting my whole phone up again. I'll wait for MS to fix it on their end.

Jeez, I did a reset last night to fix Outlook and yeah... it didn't work. I wouldn't have even tried if I knew it had to be a fresh install.

Syncing all the apps, 115 GB of music, 15 GB of pics/videos... that takes forever on it's own, much less staying from scratch.

I'll wait on an MS fix too.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
It comes across (to me) as being absurd to have to reset a spanking brand new phone ....Open box, charge it up, let apps install, get updates, then reset so things will work properly. I know it works for some but ........ damn. lol

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Jeez, I did a reset last night to fix Outlook and yeah... it didn't work. I wouldn't have even tried if I knew it had to be a fresh install.

Syncing all the apps, 115 GB of music, 15 GB of pics/videos... that takes forever on it's own, much less staying from scratch.

I'll wait on an MS fix too.

Calm down Francis...

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I hope MS plans to fix these things....it is 2015.....can they put a team of more than 2 people to work on WM10? I've been w the various iterations of windows phone since day 1 and my patience is almost gone.....

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know how often Android and iPhone users have to hard reset their phones? I had an HTC Trophy for 3 years and never had to hard reset it and except for the lack of apps, I never had a complaint. I've only had experience with BlackBerry and an HTC Android phone and I never had to hard reset any of those. Windows Phone really is moving backward. At least when they make a Surface Phone they can reuse those Dr Spaceman commercials for the Lumia 900 thanking us for beta testing their phones for them.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how often Android and iPhone users have to hard reset their phones? I had an HTC Trophy for 3 years and never had to hard reset it and except for the lack of apps, I never had a complaint. I've only had experience with BlackBerry and an HTC Android phone and I never had to hard reset any of those. Windows Phone really is moving backward. At least when they make a Surface Phone they can reuse those Dr Spaceman commercials for the Lumia 900 thanking us for beta testing their phones for them.

No one has to reset their phone here, it's just an option that some users have suggested works.

An app update is what's necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb