Why email doesn't shown graphics?

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
No one has to reset their phone here, it's just an option that some users have suggested works.

An app update is what's necessary.

But everyone should have images show up in email without a work around or update. The only reason this kind of stuff garnered no attention is because no one uses Windows phone. If the iPhone 7 launches without images in email, it will be all over the news and these forums would be so excited at the failure.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
But everyone should have images show up in email without a work around or update. The only reason this kind of stuff garnered no attention is because no one uses Windows phone. If the iPhone 7 launches without images in email, it will be all over the news and these forums would be so excited at the failure.

Chill, it's a bug that appears to only be effecting the 950 & 950 XL. Bugs happen.

I don't understand why everyone always brings iPhone into the discussion as a comparison. If the iPhone is so perfect, which it is certainly not and always launches with bugs some of which are not fixed for months, just buy an iPhone.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would return for refund a brand new device that didn't work properly before hard resetting it. Never had to hard reset the 920 from 2012 until running W10 as an Insider, which is an acceptable reason.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Returning it does nothing....the new one has the same problem....

Returning for a refund means to get your money back, not a replacement. If it was me, I'd stick with it until just before the return period ends and hope for the best (updates), unless the problems affected the ability to conduct business with the phone. I'd probably cave and try a hard reset too and be happy if bugs were fixed after. I don't blame anyone for returns, it's an investment in one's sanity after all.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Returning for a refund means to get your money back, not a replacement. If it was me, I'd stick with it until just before the return period ends and hope for the best (updates), unless the problems affected the ability to conduct business with the phone. I'd probably cave and try a hard reset too and be happy if bugs were fixed after. I don't blame anyone for returns, it's an investment in one's sanity after all.

Say you drop it and the covet gets bent or the screen cracks, then you cant even return it. Good luck.

D0ugl3r

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone tried creating a back up before doing the hard reset. Then restoring your phone with the back up afterwards, to see if it still fixed the issue but then also able to not lose all the time spent setting up your new device?

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It's an incredibly annoying. Email worked when I first got my 950xl, but now, nothing. And for a lot of the emails you can't even tell what it's about without pressing ask over the screen to find the link.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's an incredibly annoying. Email worked when I first got my 950xl, but now, nothing. And for a lot of the emails you can't even tell what it's about without pressing ask over the screen to find the link.

Its exactly this sort of basic functionality that was broken out of the box that made me send it back. I bought the phone hoping to show my support. I found out how little affection there was for me.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It is not an over reaction. It is simply by reaction based on the idea that I have 30 days to return the phone and right now it is not good enough to function as a daily phone. If it is never fixed we are screwed. Microsoft could decide tomorrow to stop producing Windows Mobile and it would only affect a tiny portion of the population. The OS is not worth the entrance fee Microsoft is charging for this phone. Maybe when that changes, I'll buy another; but right now you saying my reaction is too great is like me telling you that you are too forgiving.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it is an overreaction if you need the pictures to be working to use your phone how you need to use it. Otherwise I would have given it at least a week, after reporting/up-voting the problem via Windows Feedback, to give Microsoft a chance to fix it. You didn't even given them a chance. (Though personally I don't think 10586.0 is good enough for a normal person that just buys a phone, it is still beta in my opinion. Late stage beta, but still beta.)

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
People, there is an easy fix.

First, backup your phone settings, apps, texts, etc. Then do a hard reset. This will wipe it. Then restore from the backup. Outlook emails will show the images. Honestly, it is not that time consuming. Since you are restoring from a very recent backup, apps and most settings should get downloaded within a few hours. Just leave you phone alone while it gets back all the apps.

I did this with my 950 XL and the process wasn't as bad as you people seem to think.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
People, there is an easy fix.

First, backup your phone settings, apps, texts, etc. Then do a hard reset. This will wipe it. Then restore from the backup. Outlook emails will show the images. Honestly, it is not that time consuming. Since you are restoring from a very recent backup, apps and most settings should get downloaded within a few hours. Just leave you phone alone while it gets back all the apps.

It really isn't that easy, it takes about 5 hours, then you loose app settings, passwords, game progress, etc.

I think the biggest mistake Microsoft made was not to automatically backup all app settings. They made it something the app developers have to support, and most don't, or do so very poorly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers