Podcast app working for anyone?

zombie0

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I just replaced my 920 with a 950 and in so doing upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile. There are a bunch of rough edges, but most notably, the Podcasts app doesn't work for me. I migrated my settings over, so I know that my two podcast subscriptions were migrated.

When I attempt to launch the Podcast app, I get the green-background splash screen and then for about half a second I can see my two subscription icons swooshing in from the right side of the screen. Before they can land, the application just disappears, returning me to the home screen.

I've restarted and that does nothing to solve this problem. My next line of thought is to somehow erase its knowledge of my two subscriptions, but how can I do that if the app won't even start? Is there a UI somewhere to delete application-specific data in Windows 10? If so, I can't find it in Settings.

Any help? Thanks!

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine is working ok, not showing icons for the podcasts, my favorites screen is half blank and isn't showing podcasts but they are still there, the icon's are just black.

Mike Canniff

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. Podcast app launches, stays alive for about 10 seconds. Then crashes. Also crashes when I try any options. I just got a 950XL and is up to date with patches. I have a bunch of podcasts subscribed to on my 1020 that I now can't access. Any updates from other boards on this issue?

mzdr0

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Podcast app works fine for me, but I stumbled upon Cast which is better. Seems to be the only W10M podcast app in the store.

Mike Canniff

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Update on my crashing issue - turns out this was related to a weird wifi versus cellular connection. I had to wait a week to get the new nanosim for my 950XL. Prior to that I was on wifi only. Podcast app was crashing after 10 seconds. I was thinking this was related to auto-update of feed but couldn't confirm it. Once I got my new sim card, I was able to use cell network and app launches OK. When I go back on wifi, it still stays alive. But I have two podcasts that are erroring out on the download. So I think these two were the culprit on the app crashing on wifi only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss