Why isn't my Windows 10 mail showing a live account?

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 mail not showing live account

So I upgraded my 640 to Win10. I setup the new Mail app with my accounts. I have two yahoo accounts, an Exchange account and my live.com account which is my primary Microsoft account which is also the account the phone was setup with. I'm able to see all the accounts in mail accept for my live account. It lets me add it and says it "was added successfully" but it isn't showing up. Has anyone run into this issue and found a fix? I've restarted the phone several times and unfortunately cannot remove it and reinstall.

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I received my SD card and when I installed it I did a full reset of the phone to give Win10 a good fresh start and my email issue was resolved in the process. I think it was probably an issue caused by the upgrade from 8.1 to 10.

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not happy to hear the resolution. I just received my Lumia 640 and immediately upgraded to Win 10 and started with new SD card. I setup my Outlook.com account first, then my IMAP then work Exchange. All of them show except outlook.com. I am not looking forward to a reset.

ICwater

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
650 xl unlocked version
I am having the same issue. I did a upgrade to win 10 (build 10.0.10586.11), and in my Settings>Accounts I have 4 accounts, 3 of which are active sync to an Exchange server and the 4th being my Hotmail account. When I go into Outlook app it only shows the 3 Exchange accounts. I added the Hotmail account and it stated it was successful but it never shows up as an account. This is a major issue as the contacts and calendar events do not show up either.

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, I took a leap of faith and backed up my settings and did a hard reset. I confirmed that it does fix the problem of the Microsoft Account (Live, Outlook, Hotmail) not showing. All is well again.

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, I took a leap of faith and backed up my settings and did a hard reset. I confirmed that it does fix the problem of the Microsoft Account (Live, Outlook, Hotmail) not showing. All is well again.

Don't get me wrong, but I am trying to avoid the amount of time I reset my phone. Would you be kind enough to share a photo please?

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
650 xl unlocked version
I am having the same issue. I did a upgrade to win 10 (build 10.0.10586.11), and in my Settings>Accounts I have 4 accounts, 3 of which are active sync to an Exchange server and the 4th being my Hotmail account. When I go into Outlook app it only shows the 3 Exchange accounts. I added the Hotmail account and it stated it was successful but it never shows up as an account. This is a major issue as the contacts and calendar events do not show up either.

I had the same issue, I had to import contacts from my live account to my Hotmail account. It was today I had discovered that whenever creating a Microsoft account, there is no longer an option to choose 'live', its only 'Hotmail' or 'outlook'. So I don't know if its that they planning on stop using live accounts.... don't know why but its a plausible theory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786