People's app is terrible in Windows 10 mobile, is there anything I can do?

cory1717

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: People's app is terrible in windows 10 mobile

My people live tile shows empty circles'! Any one else have this to ?

Porkkala007

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site

Hope they update the full history for a contact as soon as possible. The best part in a "work" phone...gone!!!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hope they update the full history for a contact as soon as possible. The best part in a "work" phone...gone!!!

Use the Windows Feedback app to upvote this request. Higher numbers for any request gains more attention from Microsoft.

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site

So is it true that you can't pin people on a live tile to your home screen in WM10?

That has been one of my absolute favorite features in 8.1 and it's a place where Windows has a real edge over Android and iOS. Unless they're planning to bring it back in a future update, I'm really puzzled why they'd kill that functionality.
No, it's not true. You can still pin people to your home screen. I have my wife and daughters on mine and can call them, text them, email them, or check their Facebook from the tile

Praneel D kiD

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

Yup...you can pin contact to start screen But the circles sucks on live tiles...!! MS should change that

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The other author can confirm, but i think he means the history of all texts, messages, emails, and phone calls arranged chronologically in the contact's information is gone. That was part of what made the app useful.

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site

This is true but hopefully updates will change that. Although I will say it's already better than anything I've found for my Android.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

No, it's not true. You can still pin people to your home screen. I have my wife and daughters on mine and can call them, text them, email them, or check their Facebook from the tile

Partially, but the usefulness of pinning them is gone. Notifications to the tiles don't work, no history and it takes more clicks to perform quick communications in some situations.

That and the animations are annoying to have on the home screen.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The other author can confirm, but i think he means the history of all texts, messages, emails, and phone calls arranged chronologically in the contact's information is gone. That was part of what made the app useful.

If you mean me, then yes I can confirm that is one of the things I really miss.

psyhound

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! I got a weird bug or problem or whatever and I don't know if the problem is with people app or dialer.... Well, the thing is that my folks at home and I have some kind of family number and all our phone numbers differ just in one single number, for example they go like 060-6521234, 060-5521234, 060-4521234 and 060-3521234. So the difference is just in that one first number. The problem is that no matter who is calling me my phone will show one contact for all numbers! It always shows that my stepfather is calling me, no matter from which number the call is coming. Is there anyway to solve this?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

So is it true that you can't pin people on a live tile to your home screen in WM10?

That has been one of my absolute favorite features in 8.1 and it's a place where Windows has a real edge over Android and iOS. Unless they're planning to bring it back in a future update, I'm really puzzled why they'd kill that functionality.

Go into people app, choose contact, hit the pin at bottom of page. Contact is pinned to home page.

bydandie

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site

The problem is that their insider app doesn't notify you if there are similar comments already so this is being hidden under about ten different threads which dilutes the votes. Maybe we all need to tweet game aul? Or is there something that can be done via the Windows Central team?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

As a software engineer I'd have loved to sit in on those design meetings. Just so I could at least understand the "why".

How could something get so destroyed on an upgrade?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium