Outlook Calendar event creation date annoyance

dbroome

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I keep the calendar in week view. To add an event to a date, in 8.1 you could select the day of the week you wanted an appointment (it would grow to show all events as it does now), then click the + icon. The new event screen would pop up and the day of the event would be set to the selected day in the calendar.

On W10, though, after I click the + icon, the new Event screen comes up either with today's date (if it is this week), or the date of the Sunday of the selected week instead of the selected date.

I created 3 appointments on the wrong date before I realized what it was doing. Grrr...

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I read this post and thought that sucks. So I tested and for me it did not behave like you are experiencing. In all fairness I did not save the appointment but selected dates in the future and all three times after clicking + the date in the Starts field was correct.

Do you have all the latest updates?

dbroome

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the version that comes with a 950xl out of the box. Makes me wander if there is a setting I am missing somewhere in the calendar. Or maybe it gives me hope that a later version will cure this ill?

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue, but it is even stranger. Today is the first, if I use week view it will always default to today, but, if I flip over to next week, which starts on the 6th, it will always default to the 6th, same for the 13th, etc.

To add to this, if I flip to landscape, and tap a date, at the top, it will go into entry mode for the correct day. So that might be a workaround, for now.

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok so tried on 950. Agenda view no issue, day view no issue, week defaults to the first day of the week. However this seems logical as in the week view how would the app know which day you are picking?

queentut16

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Wasn't an issue for week view on 8.1. You can select/expand the day of the week (in 8.1 and 10), but it still makes the event for the first day shown in 10.

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes I saw that as well in WM10 and figured that would be your response. One should be able to select the date in the week view and create the appointment based on the selection. I agree. Never noticed this on WP81, never tried. The other thing with the calendar that is an issue is if a phone number is in the appointment you cannot click and dial. WP81 you could. It would recognize the number and allow you to dial. WM10, not so much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett