Audio Recording in Various apps

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey There,

My question would be - as a new windows phone user -

how can I record voice clips with the built in recorder in Stereo? I have four mics (950 XL) and still records it in Mono...

- Furthermore the Whatsapp app when I am making audio notes somehow makes my voice deeper (normal in the voice recording app)
why is that?

- Having said that the device has 4 mics I am still not able to change the audio settings during video recording... it should be able to record in 5.1 right?

gabriel_brito

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
hi lady..

i'm making some tests with lumia 930 about the very standard fault microphones on this model, in some cases its software, others hardware.. right now on windows 10 mobile only record in mono, and it uses the 3 and 4 mic (upper mics, front and rear) and theses mic record very low. testing in nokia care suite i can check recording mic for mic that mics 1 and 2 (lower mics) record perfect.. in this case, the camera app dosen't work with the 1 and 2 mics, also other apps for record audio in stereo only record in mono.

well..(sorry for the lenght..) can you tell me if you camera app record videos with audio in stereo? you can check that with headphones or transfering the file to PC.

is not sense buy a device with "fourth mics" and record in mono.. i think that is drivers on windows 10 mobile. in windows 10 for pc have problems with audio drivers.. and is in mono too.. i don't think in coincidences...

thanks for the time..

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey There,

first of all I have to tell you that I am male, the avatar is just a picture of Audrey an actress I found beautiful...anyway I might have to change it..

The recording was solved with a 3rd party app I was able to record in stereo without any problems.
As for the video it records in perfect Stereo....although the app (standard lumia camera) lacks some features like setting the bass filter or so .... but I can live with it at the moment...hopefully will be added in future releases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikazkhan