Where is HDR feature gone in WP 10 ?

Aanze

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
So I've just bought a brand new lumia 950 and while I'm more than satisfied with the photo quality of the device I don't understand what happened with the native HDR feature.

On my 930 running WP 8.1, after taking HDR picture with the native app I had the option to adjust the exposure with a slider on the screen.
Now on WP10 this feature only appears when taking picture with the flash ON. Is it on purpose ? Does it mean that the HDR feature does literraly nothing when not using the flash ? Why ?
Maybe I somehow missed an option to bring the slider back on all hdr pictures ?

vezycash

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Typically. Blame Apple for that. Updates now take away useful features or better yet, mess them up.

I just can't stand IOS stupid restrictions e.g. File transfer. And I'm confused by Android. Else, I'd have left the platform years ago.

Aanze

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
That's crazy.. I mean, I left my L930 for half a year switching to android because I was tired of WP8.1 and wanted to wait for the L950 to bring the magic.
Now I have the L950 and I miss the old smooth WP 8.1. Crazy. I feel like I just bought a 600€ beta test device.
I'm not losing hope though, things usually get better they say....

Andraz Podjaversek

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
what ? I have a lumia 930 with windows 10 and rich capture works just like on 8.1 .. You turn your magic wand on, if you have flash turned on, you will be able to chose the brightness of the flash, If flash is turned off you are allowed to apply the HDR effect... basically the same as before...

Aanze

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Actually yes I have turned the magic wand on, and when I take a picture without flash, I do not have the ability to adjust the exposure. The slider option does not appear afterwards like it does when taking picture with the flash.

From what I can read the feature is still available on WP 10 technical preview but not on the "final" version that is installed on the new L950...

Nikita Van Vinci

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
On the L950 magic wand works in another way. Now it automatically detects if hdr is needed or not. If not => it doesn't take hdr picture => you haven't ability to adjust photo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss