12-06-2015 11:38 AM
40 12
tools
    And they ignored repeated change request. I still see circles.
    12-04-2015 09:36 PM
    Have you not noticed the cut off text on the buttons? Inconsistent UI, example: delete a text, requires a confirmation, delete an email no confirmation required.
    12-04-2015 09:42 PM
    Perfect analogy! I'll ride with it and expand upon...

The mall is looking great. Architecturally, is has that "modern art" vibe going for it, with a nice "Zen" courtyard/garden, and maybe even a small waterfall amongst the glass elevators. It has all the amenities of a new mall; a food court and a movie theatre. There's also restrooms (gotta have those!), and an area for kids to play (playground), and a kiosk to rent baby strollers.

The public is excited to see this new mall coming soon in their town, however, when looking at the sign that shows all the stores that will be at this new mall, they get disappointed. Yes, all the big anchor stores are there; JCPenny, Sears, and Belk, but all the little "cool" stores that make going to the mall fun are not (Spencer's Gifts, Hot Topic, Pac Sun, Aeropostale, Hollister, Abercrombie, Journeys, KB Toys etc). Two people saw a sign in one of the windows that read 'Hot Topic - Coming Soon', but later that sign was removed.. and two years after the mall has been open it's still not there, nor has anyone heard anything.

Still, there are some people who will go to the new mall. They enjoy relaxing in the courtyard, marveling at the architecture of the marble pillars and glass ceiling. They're content with shopping at Sears and 'Emo Gifts' (which is kinda like a Hot Topic or Spencers, but not really). Most people though, would rather drive the extra couple miles across town, to the "old mall". The one that has the stores they love.
    Then we have people that prefer to stay at home and shop online from their couch :D

Jokes aside, this makes much sense. Perhaps the old mall just got a new kids playground, and everyone gets excites for it, when the new mall had it when it opened a while ago and no one made a peep. Or seeing a huge crowd at the old mall makes others wonder what the noise is about and head that way instead. And then the new mall suddenly removed that waterfall for some unknown reason, a symbol of its customers.

All I'm saying is I sure hope Microsoft knows what it's doing. I like their ideas and it looks promising. Then again, looks can be deceiving.
    12-05-2015 01:08 AM
    FISHER PRICE!! LOL

That was hilarious
    12-05-2015 01:42 AM
    If Windows 10 Mobile was a mall:

6343194018_8e1940f5f9_z.jpg
    12-05-2015 03:26 AM
    Never fails to amaze me the people who come on to the Windows forum - just to bash Windows mobile, or Microsoft in general. What are they afraid of ? If I don't like apple or android I wouldn't waste my time on their forums bashing them, why because I don't care about what they do or the OS they run.
    You got it all wrong. We do CARE, not bashing. But being caring for a platform doesn't we need to be pleased about whatever things MS threw at us. Nonsense like "resuming" should already be long gone with the arrival of Windows 10 mobile, yet we are still seeing it even on a fast device like 1520. Should we not be upset about it? C'mon.....

FYI, there are others "bashing" about Android and iOS as well on other platform forums. Is no big deal actually.
    JohnStrk and rayf888 like this.
    12-05-2015 05:59 AM
    Im running WP10 on my 640 that I use daily. My phone has no lags and isn't buggy like most people are claiming. It's a beta OS at the moment. Why do ppl expect it to work perfect? Smh.
    People expect it to work because you have to pay$600+ to use it and it is not sold as beta on the 950 series.
    theefman and JohnStrk like this.
    12-05-2015 07:14 AM
    If Windows 10 Mobile was a mall:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6343194018_8e1940f5f9_z.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	118260
    This is the best funny thing I have seen in days.
    Nathie Nxumalo and Ed Boland like this.
    12-05-2015 07:16 AM
    and it is not sold as beta on the 950 series.
    The 950 has the same build on it we are using. Its still a beta. Noone has the finalized copy because its still a work in progress. Do you think someone is hoarding a finalized copy somewhere and not sharing it with you? Betas are full of bugs, trials and errors. The only reason Microsoft released a copy to us is they need real user feedback in order to make WP10 the best it can be. Roll back to 8.1 if you dont want to be a part of the beta process.
    JohnStrk likes this.
    12-05-2015 08:57 AM
    The 950 has the same build on it we are using. Its still a beta. Noone has the finalized copy because its still a work in progress. Do you think someone is hoarding a finalized copy somewhere and not sharing it with you? Betas are full of bugs, trials and errors. The only reason Microsoft released a copy to us is they need real user feedback in order to make WP10 the best it can be. Roll back to 8.1 if you dont want to be a part of the beta process.
    You can't roll a 950/xl back to 8.1. It is sold with it. WM10 may be sent out as experimental when you sign up for an insider program. You have to click a bunch of disclaimers. No such disclaimers exist on the 950/xl. It is sold directly to consumers for a top of the line price. It is not available to insiders only to provide feedback. It is now available to the general public. Please do not resort to unnecessary derision. The phone os is incomplete. Both of us agree on that. I just disagree with you on the point that in releasing the 950/xl with WM10, Microsoft released the operating system from the beta tag.
    theefman likes this.
    12-05-2015 09:59 AM
    W10 mobile was not ready for release period! why did MS sell the OS ? heck it beats me...but i am still optimistic as updates are out every 2 weeks..maybe in February it will be final.

Also many many people are insulting the OS...while they use it on Lumia's X20 series !!! the os will be out for those in 3 months!! so of course it should be buggy as hell!!!!
    cracgor likes this.
    12-05-2015 10:19 AM
    If only more people would understand that and stop their ********.
    12-05-2015 02:49 PM
    Mmmmm.. I get your point there, but, hasn't MS been running the TP for close to a year now? Haven't they come close to what people have been suggesting (and demanding) over so much time..?

Getting factual, as a fan, i like staying at the lawn (which is wearing) there admiring our mall to come (L920 on 10536). But considering the time it's taking, hiding under 'Still under construction' banner, it's getting others of us impatient. Like really, MS should be having premium coders, who can implement code in good time for the industry. Much as I'd like to justify them, they're just too slow for anyone's liking, i think even their own. :P..
    But then, for some of us, the love for MS (and WP/WM) is far stronger than the consideration to switch.
    So we're gon withstand whatever the shove down our throats.
    NoH8..
    12-06-2015 02:17 AM
    I don't think the problem of nothing really impressive is limited to Windows 10 Mobile - I can't think of anything new in iOS or Android that's really impressed me or got me excited recently.

I'm a big fan of Windows 10 Mobile and I'm not tempted to switch to another platform. If I wanted to, I would just do it.

If anything, across the various platforms, Continuum is one of the few new things in a while I've genuinely been interested in trying that feels brand new (I just happen to not be looking for a new phone right now, so I won't get to try it for about year). I'm not saying I'd switch to using it regularly for work if I got a 950/XL, but it's an example of something exciting in a new device/OS.

Force Touch in iOS isn't something I'd desperately want to have in a phone right now - I've tried it in stores and I can see where it could be useful. It's just not "exciting".

Phones are awesome these days, some amazing things being done with them etc. There's always incremental improvements in the cameras and performance of phones and I really love the styling of Windows 10 Mobile over Windows Phone 8.1 now that I've been using it for quite a long time on Insider Preview but there's limited new things coming.

Most people upgrade to get something shiny and new, not really anything wrong with that but I know if I got a Lumia 950 eventually the shine would wear off and I will be using it for the exact same things as my Lumia 930. My
    JohnStrk likes this.
    12-06-2015 09:29 AM
    I don't think the problem of nothing really impressive is limited to Windows 10 Mobile - I can't think of anything new in iOS or Android that's really impressed me or got me excited recently.

I'm a big fan of Windows 10 Mobile and I'm not tempted to switch to another platform. If I wanted to, I would just do it.

If anything, across the various platforms, Continuum is one of the few new things in a while I've genuinely been interested in trying that feels brand new (I just happen to not be looking for a new phone right now, so I won't get to try it for about year). I'm not saying I'd switch to using it regularly for work if I got a 950/XL, but it's an example of something exciting in a new device/OS.

Force Touch in iOS isn't something I'd desperately want to have in a phone right now - I've tried it in stores and I can see where it could be useful. It's just not "exciting".

Phones are awesome these days, some amazing things being done with them etc. There's always incremental improvements in the cameras and performance of phones and I really love the styling of Windows 10 Mobile over Windows Phone 8.1 now that I've been using it for quite a long time on Insider Preview but there's limited new things coming.

Most people upgrade to get something shiny and new, not really anything wrong with that but I know if I got a Lumia 950 eventually the shine would wear off and I will be using it for the exact same things as my Lumia 930. My
    There are other neat things that differentiate them. Their are experiments in android with types of glance screens that will let you read notifications and launch things like flashlight without turning on the screen. I like the iris scanner, but I think fingerprint scanners are more practical. Pressure sensitive pens are already on Android (makes it harder to differentiate a surface phone with that). Cameras let you manually control 4k video. There are built in payment systems and IR blasters. The same processors, OIS, displays, apps, cameras, etc on windows phone already exist in the market place like you said. Maybe the only thing extra is the iris scanner and the dual monitor support (which is right now all continuum is). My biggest problem before is when I would look for a new phone, I filtered everything that wasn't windows phone.
    theefman likes this.
    12-06-2015 11:38 AM
40 12