Skype and Skype Video not working

joao91

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm very happy with the 950 XL, however there is a serious issue - Skype is not working. The integrated Skype Video keeps trying to connect forever but never starts to call and the separate Skype app calls, but when the called party answers, the call drops, and when I answer when somebody tries to call me, the call drops immediately as well. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Skype, I've uninstalled Skype and tried to use Skype Video without having the seperate app installed, I've changed the default video calls app... Nothing works. Any ideas?

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I think the "skype video" (which I would like to call the native skype app) and the actual skype app is conflicting. You can set one of the as default when switching from a regular call to video call. There is a setting somewhere. In people app you can see two option for a skype contact. Video call using skype app, or skype video call (they may been phrased slightly different but still sounds funny). Two skype thingys trying to do the same thing. I think microsoft is wrong with releasing the integration too soon. I would like to see Skype fully integrated to windows phone, but right now you cannot make calls with skype credit using your integrated skype interface. Why not integrate the whole thing. They are trying to compete with facetime and google hangouts. But skype as a separate app is already complete and high quality. integrated version is not.

I ended up disabling skype video (logged out). But then in people app video calling option for contacts is altogether disappeared. I had two before but now I have no video calling options. You can always go to skype app and call the person but it is nice to have that shortcut in people app just like you had in windows phone 8.1.

When I contacted the chat support for Skype about these problems, they had no idea about the "skype video" thing. She had to constantly take a couple of minutes and search for it. So I think integration is fairly new and incomplete. I wish they waited for a more stable version to release.

joao91

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, the Skype Video still isn't working at all. But I managed to get normal Skype to work and the solution was really simple. I found the settings to allow apps to use mic and camera and it was deactivated, just had to obviously give permission to Skype and it works now.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if it carries over those settings from your laptop or something. I remember seeing a sync settings across devices option somewhere. So the same setting exist in your laptop.

I'm just brainstorming. There are so many things can go wrong with this unified platform. 8.0 phone was just like 10.0, there were inconsistencies. 8.1 they solved the issues. It just feels like with 10.0 the issues are back.

My Lenovo yoga 3 is getting better everyday though haha :) tablet mode has come a long way. I hope they improve the mobile as fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro