Media playback stops when I unlock my phone

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I updated my 640 to 10586, I've had a problem where media stops playing when I unlock my phone. If I am listening to Groove music and my screen turns off it continues to play just fine, but when I swipe up to unlock the phone, playback stops. This happens no matter what I am playing (Groove, Pandora, Podcasts).

Is anyone else having this issue? I am thinking about doing a hard reset, but I don't want to if it won't sika the problem.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I've not experienced this on my 1020 on any build(For groove at least, i do not use the others you mentioned). I do always hard reset after each update.

Though, if you do go hard reset route, make sure you update to last nights build first.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So I finally had the time to do a hard reset. The problem seems to be fixed. Thanks for sharing your experience. The true test will be when I use the Bluetooth in my car. If it works there then I'm all set.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I take that back. The problem has returned. Anytime I unlock the phone, media playback stops. This really really sucks. Is no one else having this issue?

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Based on the fact it was working after a hard reset and now isn't, could it possibly be a specific app or setting you've installed/changed since that is causing it?

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Based on the fact it was working after a hard reset and now isn't, could it possibly be a specific app or setting you've installed/changed since that is causing it?
You might be on to something. It's possible that the problem returned after using Bluetooth in my car. I did a soft reset and it seems to be working ok - now I have to try the Bluetooth in my car and see if it breaks it again. This is really frustrating because it wasn't a problem before 10586.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to follow up on this thread in case it helps anyone else with this problem. As you can see in OP, I was experiencing instability in media playback.

I originally thought that it was related to the OS because it started happening after a recent update, but I found that it was actually caused by an app.

After the recent update, all of my apps were installed on my SD card, including WP8 Radio (which is the best internet radio app on Windows Phone), which apparently does not support SD installation. After uninstalling and then reinstalling on the device memory, I no longer have the problem described in OP.

Also, I was seeing similar problems with the new Pandora app when it was installed on SD card - moved to device and everything is working great.

rohancragg

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
This is happening to me and I don't have an SD card installed.

Happening in Groove Music, and in Podcast Critter and in Podcasts!

This is horrible, mucis is one of the main things I use the phone for!
:cry:

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Happens on my 640 from time to time as well. All my music is streamed from OneDrive, and Groove is installed on the phone's internal storage. I've checked the background app permissions and all that and haven't found a reason for this bug. But like I said, it doesn't happen every time I swipe away the lock screen. I'd guess it happens about 40% of the time for me. This only started happening when I updated to the .79 version and it's still occasionally happening with .107 as well.

Kaushikbhattacharya

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem
I got my new lumia 950 and experiencing the same problem. Did you find the solution, it really sucks and terrible. I thought windows 10 will work smoothly but seems they need to work a lot. Pls get me the solution. Plssssss.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem
I got my new lumia 950 and experiencing the same problem. Did you find the solution, it really sucks and terrible. I thought windows 10 will work smoothly but seems they need to work a lot. Pls get me the solution. Plssssss.

Just bought phone? Did you got all o.s. updates and apps, as a new noteook? It was fixed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss