Some questions from a brand new windows 10 mobile user

rohit bhattacharjee

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone!
I just got the lumia 950 and started playing with it and while I loved the new phone, and the camera and the new OS, I have a few questions if somebody can answer me.

1: In win8.1, one of the apps I used the most was one note, but in win 10 I get the feeling that onenote has been downgraded a bit.. for eg, is there any way I can pin a new note to my start screen in win 10 mobile?? also, I simply cannot copy anything from outside the one note app and then paste it in onenote, and that is one thing that is very necessary to save important texts or details.. is there any way to solve this??

2: When backing up pictures to onedrive, are the pictures always uploaded in the best quality available?? I could not find the option to enforce that. also, how do I make sure the pictures are only updated on wifi???

3: When is the new wallet app launching where I can save my debit cards, and use nfc for tap to pay??

4: in the background apps setting, there is an app called touch and gestures. what are there "gestures"??? and, not that the win 8.1 gestures beta app does not work in win 10 mobile, is there some other workaround or the features that app provided?

5. now that win 10 mobile supports OTG, can I use the usb port to connect to a printer to print docs?? or s that available only through the wireless networks?

I have some more doubts, but I only got the phone for 24 hours, so il try to explore a little more ad then ask them! thanks all!! :)

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone!
I just got the lumia 950 and started playing with it and while I loved the new phone, and the camera and the new OS, I have a few questions if somebody can answer me.

1: In win8.1, one of the apps I used the most was one note, but in win 10 I get the feeling that onenote has been downgraded a bit.. for eg, is there any way I can pin a new note to my start screen in win 10 mobile?? also, I simply cannot copy anything from outside the one note app and then paste it in onenote, and that is one thing that is very necessary to save important texts or details.. is there any way to solve this??

2: When backing up pictures to onedrive, are the pictures always uploaded in the best quality available?? I could not find the option to enforce that. also, how do I make sure the pictures are only updated on wifi???

3: When is the new wallet app launching where I can save my debit cards, and use nfc for tap to pay??

4: in the background apps setting, there is an app called touch and gestures. what are there "gestures"??? and, not that the win 8.1 gestures beta app does not work in win 10 mobile, is there some other workaround or the features that app provided?

5. now that win 10 mobile supports OTG, can I use the usb port to connect to a printer to print docs?? or s that available only through the wireless networks?

I have some more doubts, but I only got the phone for 24 hours, so il try to explore a little more ad then ask them! thanks all!! :)

I shall have look on my Lumia 925, but remember windows 10 is still in beta

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

I am currently having no problem with copying and pasting.

Can you specify your steps in doing this action?

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

wp_ss_20151206_0001.png

wp_ss_20151206_0002.png

wp_ss_20151206_0003.jpg

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

1. Paste works. It's however a little different. The paste button isn't anymore on the keyboard or inside the elipsis menu. To get the paste button, press and hold on the paper, and you'll get the cut/copy/paste options. IDK for the rest, never even used OneNote that much.

2. Pictures are auto-updated to OneDrive, however you can turn that off in the OneDrive app (under settings). Inside the settings you can also chose if you want to upload on metered connections (data), or upload on WiFi only. As for the quality, I think it uploads the best quality available.

3. No idea

4. Gestures (beta) aren't available for Windows 10 Mobile, howevery they may be soon, or they might even become a part of the system.

5. Never tried it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss