Is it possible to upload living image data to OneDrive?

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
There was in a post on one of the Lumia blogs showing off the Lumia 950/XL cameras and as part of that blog, the person from their camera team had posted up a picture, I think he said it was of his sister on a recent trip and mentioned users of Windows 10 should try opening it in the Photos app.

When you do, the Living Image data is present and it shows as it would on the phone. I've noticed my own photos uploaded to OneDrive don't show as living images (I need to try copying one off over a USB connection), trying to figure out if there's a way to include this data in the uploads to OneDrive but don't see an option for it.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Not sure, but Onedrive has gif support now, so it shouldn't be a problem. Did you try checking Onedrive on a PC?

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
So it turns out that the data is included in the images when you upload them anyway.

If you go to the OneDrive web app and choose to download an image and then open it from whatever folder you saved it in, the Photos app correctly shows the living image w/ movement.

If you set the photos app to show images from OneDrive (Rather than having the file locally) it doesn't seem to show the movement.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, since they added the Living Images feature to Windows Camera, the .mp4 is included in the .jpg, so it's all just one file now, but a lot bigger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa