W10M v/s Samsung one handed operation mode

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I personally think the one handed mode in windows 10 is more than enough. It does it's job just right. U get to touch the topmost part which u usually can't reach on a big device. I don't use it usually because most of the time i find myself using both my hands.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I personally think the one handed mode in windows 10 is more than enough. It does it's job just right.

It does a job that shouldn't have to be done at all. At best it's a poor solution to an unnecessary problem that a smarter UI would completely avoid.

r2SN

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Cannot say size.. But it starts from left or right bottom of screen.. Whose height is adjustable. Usually its 4 inch diagonally.

Okay thanks man. Does it presents any issue because the icons kinda shrink? Unlike in Lumia display moves a bit down but the times/text remain the same size? Just my opinion.

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay thanks man. Does it presents any issue because the icons kinda shrink? Unlike in Lumia display moves a bit down but the times/text remain the same size? Just my opinion.
I didn't find any issues. Icons and keyboard are still touch friendly with as good precision as in full mode.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Even though I have the huge 1520, I still have never used the one-handed mode feature. There are a few reasons for that.
-It's bad. It looks ugly as it can get, and it seems my phone is broken.
-It's useless for me. Rare are the moments when I actually need to touch something that's at the top of the screen. And even when I do, I can just strech my hand a little, or better yet, use two hands, since you know, you have two hands, why not use them.
-My Windows button doesn't work lel :grin:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
... or better yet, use two hands, since you know, you have two hands, why not use them.

Because its a device for use when you're on the go, you know, as in "mobile". At home, my smartphone is the most irrelevant computing device I own. I need it when travelling between A and B, or whenever B is not the office. When doing so, I almost always have a briefcase, sporting gear, or carry on luggage in one hand. Single handed use is my most common use case. W10M has pretty much ruined that for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon