Missing most apps in Show notifications from these apps settings screen, how can I get them back?

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Missing most apps in "Show notifications from these apps" settings screen

I restored a Win10 Mobile install and I'm missing almost all entries on the notification screen. The only apps listed are Glance, Motion, Outlook Mail, Touch and Feedback.

I've removed and reinstalled other apps, nothing will make them re-appear in this list. To be clear too, the apps function but they do not generate any actions (toast, notification center item, sound, vibrate) when they should.

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Missing most apps in "Show notifications from these apps" settings screen

Apps usually appear only after a first push notification has been received.

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed that as well, but in this case I restored last night and when I work up this morning I went in to the messaging app and Words with Friends, both which had new content which i wasnt alerted to... and they are still not listed.

Post-restore there was the usual message that not all settings could be restored, I'm wondering if this was one of them and its really a bug.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

What you could try is disabling push notifications directly in the apps, close them, reboot your device, launch the apps and enable push notifications again. Might as well work without the reboot, but just to be sure.. ;)

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

Tried all that with a few apps, will need to wait for some more notifications in a few other apps too... Like FitBit, CBS News, MSN News, FB Messenger, Battery Watch, Skype... etc.

Very odd. Will keep this thread updated a little later when I know more.

Thanks!

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

A couple apps appeared in the list after they generated toast notifications but only when the phone was left idle. Guess I just need to be patient for most of them. There are still a few (Trivia Crack for one) that refuse to even do a toast alert even though they are enabled in the app, so that's why they are not listed in the action center configuration screen.

Danny Byers

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site

I'm experiencing the same issue with certain seemingly random apps not listed. Was a silver bullet ever found?

Rawatfeb

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
::RE: Missing most apps in Show notifications from these apps settings screen, how can I get them back?
::1. Open notepad
::2. :: Copy and Paste below
@echo off
Reg Delete "reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications /v AppDB /f
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
start explorer.exe

::3. Save this file as fixIssue.bat
::4. Right click on file and run it as administrator
::5. Chears!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
::RE: Missing most apps in Show notifications from these apps settings screen, how can I get them back?
::1. Open notepad
::2. :: Copy and Paste below
@echo off
Reg Delete "reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications /v AppDB /f
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
start explorer.exe

::3. Save this file as fixIssue.bat
::4. Right click on file and run it as administrator
::5. Chears!

That's MOBILE forum

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I'm experiencing the same issue. I've restored my phone to a previous build and now most apps are missing from the notification list. I see only Microsoft apps, all third-party apps are not there (Facebook, Messenger, Twitter, Fitbit, etc.)*They were there before the restore. I've tried reinstalling the apps and I know that some of them have had events that should have produced notifications.*

Did you ever found a solution?

Thx!

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site

+1 for me too. Had just migrated to my new L950 restoring from my old L640 backup made the night before. Everything appeared fine at first glance, but only see the Store, Mail, and photos app in my notification list. Whether its significant or not, 75% of my apps resided on the SD card on my 640, and now the entire app list (looks complete as I remember) is now on the phone since the SD Card is still in the old phone. They all seem to work fine.

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site

Seems to be repopulating as noted in one of the posts above. I guess you have to use the apps for them to show up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers