My Phone Woke Me Up Last Night for No Reason!

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
At 1:21 this morning, my phone began ringing for no reason! It was a ring tone I had never heard. I have a Nokia Icon running the latest version of Windows 10 mobile to which I updated this past weekend. When I picked up the phone and unlocked it, the ringing stopped. There were no notifications, no missed phone calls or history of calls made at that time. There was no alarm or timer set - nothing that I can determine. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them or does anyone have an idea as to what happened.
My best guess is that, somehow or another, the latest download or update to the alarm app came preconfigured with some sort of alarm.
Here's hoping it doesn't happen again!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. Might be nice to document it next time like, what sound was playing or whatnot.

Also, you might want to consider Quiet Hours if you aren't using it already.

But that's pretty weird though, there should be some kind of trace.

Darren Coull

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if anyone else has checked on their devices, but on my 640XL, Alarms NEVER work any more. I have not had it go off on last few builds, and have tried removing all alarms and setting new ones. Nothing.
I just tried an Alarm while phone is awake and in use (literally 1 minute past current time) and still nothing.

Maybe the Alarms & Clock app is just a UI test, and not actually functional? :)
Build 10.0.10586.29

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like an alarm from the stock or other alarm app if the sound repeated. Alarms I create work, but sometimes go off even after deleted. Maybe it was an old alarm back to haunt you, especially if restored from and old backup and running W10M.

No SMS alerts like Presidential and AMBER Alerts as in the US?

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually experience an odd alarm from my 1020 this afternoon, It went off quite a few times while on another phone and when I'd grab the phone to unlock it would stop. I also had no notifications or anything that showed what it was, I've not heard the sound before either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven