Windows Phone Battery Drain

alazar14

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

So I was enjoying Windows 10 on my Lumia 640 for the past month without any problems, then all of a sudden starting three days ago I began to experience a battery drain issue. My phone while on standby with the screen off would use about 1% of the total battery every 15 min of standby. When I was on Windows 8.1 the phone would use about 1% every 45-60 min on standby.

So does anyone have any idea what is going on? I tried turning off all background apps, setting my email to sync only once every 30 min, and lowering the brightness to the lowest settings. All of this made absolutely no difference at all.

Also, my phone has been downloading an update at 0% for the past 4 hours now (tried to update but apparently it got stuck). I thought updating would fix my problem, but it seems the update is busted.

kulranjan

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey there., I also faced similar problem a while ago. Please do the following ( worked for me , may not every one):
1. f you have an SD Card in your phone then remove the back panel and sense the SD Card for unusual warmth. If it is warm, then remove its and then check battery drain. If SD card is the culprit then you've to format it.
2. If SD Card isn't the culprit, then you may have to reset your phone. Reset it, at OOBE do not connect to wifi or data nor add MS account. When phone reaches start screen, leave your phone idle for 20-25 min (to complete background app installation),. # Before reset remove SD Card (if inserted, you can consider formatting it using phone or SD Formatter (tool for Windows desktop) after rest ).

Hope this helps you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos