No way to download mp3 in Edge?

freethinker112

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I go to any audio file, it just opens in Edge and I can play it just fine but can't save it. There is no such option in the ellipsis menu. Tapping and hold on the audio gives me an option "Save audio as" but tapping on it doesn't do anything. Is there no way to save an audio file? I am a big WP fan but small things like this annoys me to no end.

Sonic98

May 3, 2013
Visit site
III Re: No way to download mp3 in Edge?

Whenever I go to any audio file, it just opens in Edge and I can play it just fine but can't save it. There is no such option in the ellipsis menu. Tapping and hold on the audio gives me an option "Save audio as" but tapping on it doesn't do anything. Is there no way to save an audio file? I am a big WP fan but small things like this annoys me to no end.

Has this been fixed yet? It's kept me from moving over to 10. The idea of having to download an extra app( of course no one ever suggests a good one when they tell you this) or downloading to computer and transferring through either cable or OneDrive is asinine

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't know about mp3, but in Windows phone 8.1 I used Pocket File Manager, it allowed you to download pdfs and stuff from emails by selecting to open with it. Maybe it works too with mp3s...

Aamir Mustafa

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes this is the case on Edge on Windows 10. from few websites it downloads mp3 and in few it just plays audio. May be there are some websites which do not allow to do so..

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: III Re: No way to download mp3 in Edge?

Has this been fixed yet? It's kept me from moving over to 10. The idea of having to download an extra app( of course no one ever suggests a good one when they tell you this) or downloading to computer and transferring through either cable or OneDrive is asinine
I'm on the latest release preview build and it works fine for me I've downloaded mp3s, zip and rar files no problem

Sent from mTalk

Sonic98

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: III Re: No way to download mp3 in Edge?

I'm on the latest release preview build and it works fine for me I've downloaded mp3s, zip and rar files no problem

Sent from mTalk

I'm going to give 10 a try again then. Mostly I'm trying to download MP3 of what the tech,Windows Weekly, and The Advise Show

Sonic98

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes this is the case on Edge on Windows 10. from few websites it downloads mp3 and in few it just plays audio. May be there are some websites which do not allow to do so..
I tried other browsers,and whenever I tried to download a file it redirected to Edge and did the same thing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss