How do I delete data apps used on Install to prevent 'Restoring Data'?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
How to delete data apps use on Install to prevent 'Restoring Data'

I have a major bug with the Slack Beta app. basically making the app useless. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled. One thing I would like to try, if possible is to prevent the app from Restoring Data on a new install.

1. Where do apps get this data to restore from when installing an app thats been installed on your phone recently?

2. Anyway to delete this data so you basically have a fresh install?

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to delete data apps use on Install to prevent 'Restoring Data'

there's no way to manipulate system files on w10m, and god knows what does that phrase entail anyway, it could mean restoring things stored on the cloud

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Settings, search for backup, tap "more options" (could be something else, I dont use my phone in English), disable backup for that particular app, make a backup. Now reinstall the app

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Settings, search for backup, tap "more options" (could be something else, I dont use my phone in English), disable backup for that particular app, make a backup. Now reinstall the app

I don't think that works, I have backup turned off completely, and I still get restoring data when I reinstall some apps.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

I don't think that works, I have backup turned off completely, and I still get restoring data when I reinstall some apps.

Yep. I even deleted phone back ups I had on Onedrive. There's no way to prevent it. So now I'm stuck. Probably the only thing left to try is Hard Reset of phone which I'm not willing to do anytime soon.
We should be able to delete app user data so we can have a way to truly do a fresh install

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
There is the possibility that they are storing the data that is causing your problem on their servers and restoring it via the app based on your MS account, or MS roaming ID. If that is the case then your only choice would be to contact them and try to have them clear the data on their server.

sotakal

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Any update? Did you manage to figure something out, DaveGx? I'm having an issues with an universal app, not syncing properly across platforms but can't do anything about it either.

KRol

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have done a hard reset and it still restore the data.
I had a SD Card issue and a bunch of apps have this problem now...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett