Missing joe belfiore badly :(

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Joe had been working incredibly hard on our behalf for a long time. He deserves the sabbatical he's having with his family.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yupp! Any kinda event is so incomplete without his presentation. Btw, do we have any Microsoft build 2015? Windows 10 software event?

LMKz

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft should have fired Belfiore. His lack of commitment is a wrong message to Microsoft's employees.

Yes you are so right, Belfiore was a shocker and should have resigned long ago, I blame him in large part for the shambles that is Windows Phone/Mobile. He was always on Twitter spouting about how great WP is while the forums were full of bugs, or he would be bragging about some new feature that Android/iPhone had for years. He never once responded to any questions/criticisms on Twitter that I saw, my own included.

If you want to see a model for a great Microsoft senior exec, go check out Brian Harry's blog (TFS), that guy always responds to user feedback and is a realist, not some head in the clouds idealist like JB.

Good Riddance to Belfiore, hopefully they will put in someone competent. I doubt it though. It pains me to say this but Microsoft have left it way too late to make a go of mobile. They had lots of chances but have just been way too slow.

I'm running W10M on my 1020; I think this will be my last Windows Phone sadly. The number of bugs is just shocking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb