Have MSFT dropped another clanger??

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I was in a Carphone Warehouse today chatting with my mate Sam, and picking up a 950 for my 16 yr old son. Whilst we were chatting, interspersed with customers interrupting us (lol), the subject of the display dock came up. He was a bit miffed as the phone is gaining traction, that the dock was either a two month wait, if you had a code for a freebie, or ?80.00 on top of a ?500 phone. A couple of customers were lost due to this, as they wanted the PC experience immediately, as the phone was portrayed as such. He did say that they were proving popular. The contract prices are way below that of an S6 and IBone. The 950 can be had for ?32pm with no upfront costs, and the XL is a couple of quid more. Between the two branches in his patch they had an initial batch of 50 devices. 27 went on the 8th!! That isn't bad considering there is a poor amount of advertising.

So, should they have included it at POS, when people are more likely to take it to go with their shiny new phone????

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I imagine they chose to actually get the phone out and perhaps production/logistics of the dock just can't match the demand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99