The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-05-2016 05:36 PM
82 1234
tools
    Working good on my l1520. Having issues neither with apps nor with camera , although sometimes the screen just freezes and I need to lock and unlock to get it work again or give it 10-20 seconds to get working again. Since its not frequent I can more than just live with it.

Love the "show more tiles" of Win10. It looks very beautiful on big screen.
    12-11-2015 10:02 AM
    I'd say it's borderline, I upgraded my 1020 and so far it has been mainly frustrating. There is nothing that I have yet found that works better than WP8.1, except for perhaps some rendering in the browser. Generally everything is slower. Keyboard is noticeably slower. Apps launch more slowly.

There are a lot of weird scrolling artefacts in all apps, especially Edge. There are a lot of glitches with on screen keyboard, and swipe. Different apps seem to have different keyboard issues - in Edge, you can't delete a word that you swiped, you can only backspace by individual characters. In Store, you can't use swipe at all.

The photos app is much worse, slower and buggy. The email client (Outlook) is very poor and has numerous bugs. The messaging app is very slow to launch. Battery drain is about twice as fast as it was (can't get through a full day now).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

They've only had forever to get it right, it's not like some of these are complex apps.
    that is why Ms said the W10M will be out if February for X20 series !!!!
    12-11-2015 10:33 AM
    The more I play around with Windows Mobile 10 the more I like it. And the more I think about it - like date and month being left of the glance screen - things aren't bugs but deliberate design choices. The ability to reply to texts when not in the text app is fantastic. Still want a "mark as read" function on text messages though. Perhaps it's here and I haven't found out how to access it yet....
    libra89 and Bobcat665 like this.
    12-11-2015 10:34 AM
    A few months ago, I upgraded my Lumia 830 to W10M to downgrade back to 8.1 for the full Denim update, which I ended up not getting and having to flash manually. Anyway, when I updated, I decided to see how the OS looked on my L830, rather than on my W10M testing device, an L635. The problem was, I had too many apps on my start screen so it would just do the "loading..." forever, I haven't heard of it being fixed but can anyone here confirm if it is or not? It's the only thing stopping me from considering the upgrade.
    12-11-2015 10:40 AM
    Will try to find the info/calendar settings. I can't find Quiet Hours as yet. I hope it is part of this build. So far Windows mobile 10 seems to be lacking all the basic features I came to like about 8.1. But it does have some very nice tricks - like the ability to answer an incoming text regardless of the app you're in. But it still doesn't compensate for the lack of the features I used most in 8.1. Should you update? Based on my short experience it's probably best to stick with 8.1 - unless you're like me and want to give it all a go :)
    12-11-2015 12:03 PM
    Now have Windows 10 Mobile on my 830. No date and month on the glance screen
    here you go...
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...apps-wm10.html

..and you can thank me later :D ohh wait...that's not happening anymore :(
    rhapdog likes this.
    12-11-2015 12:23 PM
    Will try to find the info/calendar settings. I can't find Quiet Hours as yet. I hope it is part of this build. So far Windows mobile 10 seems to be lacking all the basic features I came to like about 8.1. But it does have some very nice tricks - like the ability to answer an incoming text regardless of the app you're in. But it still doesn't compensate for the lack of the features I used most in 8.1. Should you update? Based on my short experience it's probably best to stick with 8.1 - unless you're like me and want to give it all a go :)
    Expand the pull-down action center. Then you could set up Quiet Hours.
    rhapdog and Bobcat665 like this.
    12-11-2015 04:04 PM
    A few months ago, I upgraded my Lumia 830 to W10M to downgrade back to 8.1 for the full Denim update, which I ended up not getting and having to flash manually. Anyway, when I updated, I decided to see how the OS looked on my L830, rather than on my W10M testing device, an L635. The problem was, I had too many apps on my start screen so it would just do the "loading..." forever, I haven't heard of it being fixed but can anyone here confirm if it is or not? It's the only thing stopping me from considering the upgrade.
    Yes, that loading issue has been fixed as of 101586.11 I believe. Pretty much nothing that keeps me from using 10 as my daily driver now. I've even installed it on my wife's phone, and I have to have a lot of confidence in it to do that. She's the last person I want mad at me. ;)

Expand the pull-down action center. Then you could set up Quiet Hours.
    Short tap on Quiet Hours in the action center will toggle it, long press brings up the Quiet Hours settings. Neat trick. Easy access.
    editguy and Bobvfr like this.
    12-11-2015 07:29 PM
    That is something I'd have to agree with from the comments I've seen around. It seems the drivers aren't quite there to properly drive the 1020 and 1520 cameras from what I've heard. I'm not sure about the 1320. I've heard little complaints from 520 and 920 users, but I may have missed them.

Phones like the 640 perform quite well, however.
    yeah, and the 640 xl for me is working pretty well... even faster than the 8.1.... just wish my live account could be added to the mailing app
    rhapdog and editguy like this.
    12-13-2015 06:11 AM
    Excellent. Thanks.
    rhapdog likes this.
    12-13-2015 06:28 AM
    I AM USING 640 XL. I updated my phone to win10 preview for about nearly a week. I honestly didn't even look at it as a preview. I wouldn't say it doesn't have bugs, but its bug that I can live with.

I have notice that Microsoft fans are more of productivity type of person with class. The animations works well for me, and also my apps. Only app I saw give me a hard time to refresh was my facebook app, but that's a minor for me cause normally I only browse fb when I am at home (on my laptop).

It resume apps much faster for me. I don't normally see the 'resuming' or 'loading' messages. Battery life incresse for me, I had the phone off charge from 4 am, made a skype call at 7:21am and end call at 9:40am and I had 71% battery life (was texting and sending email during call, and my phone was on wifi always).

The only issue I have with the phone is that....

it does not sync with live account even after it says successfully add

if you press the start button (at times) u will have a 2 seconds delay to the start menu...

photo quality seems to drop maybe a 10% (indoor photos) for me.....(haven't got the time to take an outdoor photo since lately because of the constant rain when traveling)

conclusion; Windows phone for me is mostly for productivity and to keep in contact with my friends and families. Those two purpose is working pretty well for me, I like the new features, and animations. So I think it is ready for 640 xl, but wouldn't know about the other phones.
    rhapdog likes this.
    12-13-2015 06:35 AM
    ...long press brings up the Quiet Hours settings. Neat trick. Easy access.

That's great to know. Wasn't aware of the long press. 👍
    rhapdog, Bobvfr and Bobcat665 like this.
    12-13-2015 07:21 AM
    On windows preview 10586.29 with HTC one m8 .
    Rare hangs phone becomes unresponsive , just need to lock the screen and unlock starts working again. Other wise very nice interface looks good. No major issues. Office works better. And I had severe ghost touches issues with 8.1 where the phone was so sensitive that while I am on a call phone would go on mute or place the call on hold and redial the same person on call with. All those issues are gone.
    So far windows 10 holding up pretty good
    12-16-2015 09:36 AM
    Hey I have a 640. Is the .29 build stable enough for a daily driver?
    12-16-2015 09:43 AM
    Hey I have a 640. Is the .29 build stable enough for a daily driver?
    It's good enough for me on my 640. Your mileage may vary.

I was pleased enough to put it on my wife's 635, and she hasn't put me in the doghouse, so she must think it's okay as well.
    Schnuffi likes this.
    12-16-2015 12:20 PM
    I put an earlier build (about 5 builds back) on my 535. Used it but at the time the battery life was terrible. Tried to reset it but my phone got bricked. I'll just wait for the OTA update.
    12-16-2015 12:24 PM
    Have HTC one m8 , windows 10 preview build.36 . Anybody figured how to hide the navigation bar
    Thanks
    12-21-2015 09:32 PM
    Swipe up from the bottom of the screen
    12-22-2015 03:38 AM
    Swipe up from the bottom of the screen
    I want to hide the navigation bar .on 8.1 I would have just pushed it down now with windows 10 its constantly present
    12-22-2015 08:07 PM
    Swipe up to hide and swipe up to bring back
    12-22-2015 08:08 PM
    Just from my experience with w10m (Lumia 930):

In short, if you need your phone for work related stuff and you need ir to be reliable, just don't. Stay with 8.1, at this point, it is far superior, more fluid, fast, stable and reliable. Sure, some w10m features are nice and the design is a nice change but other rhan that, it's not worth it at this point, at least for me.

It created so many problems for me. My phone is laggy and slow, huge battery drain and overall it just feels like I am using a cheap Android device, not a former flagship. Constant wi-fi problems and need to manually turn wi-fi off and on again. I can't download keyboard predictions now because of some bug. No e-mail sound notifications. For some reason, some apps in the store are in different languages (mostly arabic or spannish). That is just to name a few.

Other things I dislike:

Edge - no swipe gestures or forward button (wtf???)

Mail - just horrible formatting when reading e-mails. Writting is even worse, slow and unresponsive and just pain to do.

Circular design of the People live tile (lol)

Hamburger menus (sigh)

I do realize that this is just and insider build (.36) and I really hopw it gets better as other thatn the things I mwntioned I like the system. It's just ... Yesterday I just got the feeling of using a cheap Android phone and not the awesome, fast and reliablw system I was used to and which I was proud of and would recommend to anybody. Now I just don't know, I really feel sorry for the people who bought the 950 & 950 xl with system at this state, it's so far from finished ... And yes ... I have done a "hard reset". Which is another thing I have a problem with. When on 8.1 I have never even heard about needing to do something like tha. How many people do develop the w10m? 5 people? Will we really be forced to "jump ships" in the future? There are so many people leaving the platform already. I am sad...
    Last edited by R3mis; 12-22-2015 at 09:12 PM.
    12-22-2015 08:51 PM
    Print function on preview build .36.
    12-23-2015 06:56 PM
    Had all three of my phones (2 L635 + 1 L640) on W10M 10586.29, and none were still enrolled in the Insider Preview. I had unenrolled them then uninstalled the app.

They all were updated to .36 with no issues, so I'm on off the Insider builds, yet got the update through regular OTA. Loving it. One phone is an international unlocked Lumia 635, the other 635 and the 640 are both AT&T GoPhones. It just goes to show, there is no carrier intervention to block actual OS updates.

Firmware updates are another story, but at least we're getting the OS updates through okay. Of course, no firmware updates are due for these phones anyway, but it's great to know the OS will always be updated.
    12-25-2015 01:48 PM
    I have a 930. Updated today from 8.1 to WP10 build .36 . Didn't reset soft or hard. No issues. It's great.
    Last edited by ghaikal; 12-26-2015 at 11:14 PM.
    12-25-2015 02:11 PM
    I upgraded my Icon to .29 two days ago. Found the instructions in another post on this website and it was easy peasy. Only a few issues to work through, but the resolutions are easily found by searching on this site. I set Windows Insider to slow ring and the next day had the update to .36. After another hard reset, my Icon is running wonderfully. It does take some time to get all of your apps and email set up again, but well worth the upgrade in my opinion.
    12-25-2015 03:16 PM
82 1234