Why isn't my Windows 10 Mobile being detected in my PC?

Krishna Raaj

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile not detected in PC

Hi to everyone

Any one notice that 10586.11 build after reset via setting menu,my phone(Lumia 535) is not connected in PC via USB Cable always shows "Device is charging slowly"...

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile not detected in PC

Yes, this happened to my Lumia 1020. I still don't know what was going on, but all I did was to charge it to above 70%, restart it and then try again - it worked after that.

jpminou

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site

I am having the same issue with my 930 tried all the solutions here and there but nothing worked.
I am on the latest build and hope an update can fix it.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

If you recall a hard-rest while on build 10581 corrupted the file system. A hard-reset once you were on 10586 only made the phone usable, but the USB connection to the PC still wouldn't work. The only way to 100% fix it is to roll back to WP8.1 via the WDRT and then upgrade again.

Note: I have seen one person say that a corrupted SD card can cause the same problem, so if you have an SD card trying checking it in a PC.

jpminou

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site

If you recall a hard-rest while on build 10581 corrupted the file system. A hard-reset once you were on 10586 only made the phone usable, but the USB connection to the PC still wouldn't work. The only way to 100% fix it is to roll back to WP8.1 via the WDRT and then upgrade again.

Note: I have seen one person say that a corrupted SD card can cause the same problem, so if you have an SD card trying checking it in a PC.

I would love to go back to WP8.1 but no way if the usb is not working, as i said I tried every solution possible to go back to 8.1 but pc is not recognizing my phone. Lumia 930 doesn't have external sd card so i am stuck till an ota update fix the issue.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

I would love to go back to WP8.1 but no way if the usb is not working, as i said I tried every solution possible to go back to 8.1 but pc is not recognizing my phone. Lumia 930 doesn't have external sd card so i am stuck till an ota update fix the issue.

So you have tried using WDRT and following the instructions for when the phone isn't found? It essentially goes into a special mode and has you restart your phone while hooked up via USB and it catches the phone early in the boot process and holds it in a recovery mode. (It worked to get my 640 working again when my PC wouldn't see it via USB.)

jpminou

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site

Yes i did but too bad I'm not so lucky.
Tried 2 laptops,4 usb cables,removed all drivers and WDRT and installed them again but nothing,even when my phone is in recovery mode nothing shows up in device manager.
My phone won't charge offline,whenever I plug to charger it turns on, not sure if it's something related. Thanks for all the input guys.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre