Where are the HERE apps? When are they coming back?

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my Lumia 950XL last week and the app I'm missing the most is HERE Transit. At the moment it seems none of the HERE apps are being published and I can't see an article from WP discussing this, or more importantly their return, other than a brief reference to them not being available due to a 'technical glitch'.

I know that they just changed hands but how long can a glitch like this last?

I have a bad feeling they may never come out, leaving a huge HERE Transit/CItymapper shaped hole in the W10M app landscape.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry to be the one who bear the bad news but the HERE apps will most probably disappear forever from the Windows store. There is no official word on that but we can assume it

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried using sysapp pusher to get the here apps? Some have suggested it can help you get the apps and others back though it didn't work for me when I needed to get Lumia camera

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
MS can prevent you from downloading apps from the store in two ways:
  1. It does not pop in search results in the store
  2. it blocks the app in the store from installing ("not compatible with your device" or "app is blocked due to a corporate guideline")

only when it's reason number one you can not install the desired app Sysapp Pusher helps. Problem with HERE apps is it is getting blocked by Microsoft/Here.
The only way to get it is to reset your device to 8.1 and then upgrade it W10 (but that's also not possible with the Lumia 950)

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I dont understand that, I upgraded from 8.1. Here drive kept working. As I recall transit and maps asked me to download a better app. I think they both didn't work.
Right now H drive and H maps work. Transit still asks me to download a new app, which I can't.

The function of transit is in the windows maps though. It's just ugly and a bit confusing.

I also miss transit a lot.

Daniel Rubino said he heard, that HERE suite will come back....hmmm?

***edit, just tried my transit, now it works again, without the dialog, that says I have to download a new app? Mysterious☺***

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I dont understand that, I upgraded from 8.1. Here drive kept working. As I recall transit and maps asked me to download a better app. I think they both didn't work.
Right now H drive and H maps work. Transit still asks me to download a new app, which I can't.

The function of transit is in the windows maps though. It's just ugly and a bit confusing.

I also miss transit a lot.

Daniel Rubino said he heard, that HERE suite will come back....hmmm?

***edit, just tried my transit, now it works again, without the dialog, that says I have to download a new app? Mysterious☺***

Today I got an update for Here Transit and after this update transit worked. Is it possible that you enabled auto update apps that would explain why it "suddenly" works.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Maps (the app by Microsoft, embeded into Win10 and Win10M) uses data from HERE, so, it's basicly the same map data, in a better app. That's why I suggest using Maps. I loved HERE a lot. It's just that I don't see a bright future for it, especially not on Win10M. I really don't think BMW and others care about Windows Phone, all they needed is the map data so they can embed it into their cars or whatever. Now that they have it, I guess HERE will just stay like it is, untill it breaks. Then they'll just pull it out of the store 'trying to fix it', and that will be the last you'll hear of it.
Maps works great, for now. And it looks better.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Maps (the app by Microsoft, embeded into Win10 and Win10M) uses data from HERE, so, it's basicly the same map data, in a better app. That's why I suggest using Maps. I loved HERE a lot. It's just that I don't see a bright future for it, especially not on Win10M. I really don't think BMW and others care about Windows Phone, all they needed is the map data so they can embed it into their cars or whatever. Now that they have it, I guess HERE will just stay like it is, untill it breaks. Then they'll just pull it out of the store 'trying to fix it', and that will be the last you'll hear of it.
Maps works great, for now. And it looks better.

I like the Maps app much more than Here.

BBJonbo

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I installed HERE transit on my 950xl the other day and love the app. Have my 85yr old father using it already on his 950xl as well. What a great app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb